washed test batch!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 11:38 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
washed test batch!!

Ok i washed the test batch i made yesterday his afternoon, then i sed a bubble stone and an asthma breathing machine compressor. Bio cleared up in about two hours, a little less. I then filtered with a coffee filter, had some gunky white stuff in the bottom of the jar. I filtered it into a new mason jar, and it looks great! Was the solid stuff soapy residue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:44 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah you did it wrong by your discription. After it cleared you should just pull the bio off the top or drain the glycerin from the bottom. Dont touch the glycerin as there may still be a hazzardous amount of methanol residue left. Let that sit and evap and it will turn to a dry soap.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:51 PM
CHPMustang
Senior User
Sounds like you had a successful wash stage,you got a layer of white stuff on the bottom with fuel on the top.

Did you have about the same amount of glycerin after reaction?

What vehicle/s you intending to fill up once you get rolling with larger batches as washing makes the El Preemo fuel

Old 03-25-2006, 12:57 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
yes it worked right, i put it in my trucks front fuel tank the one i keep empty and it worked JUST FINE and smelled lot cleaner too. Im going to run it in an 83 F250 6.9 L if i get the dang thing fixed. Starter went out on e last night.