Test Batch :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:47 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Test Batch :)

Ok I just finished my FIRST EVER TEST BATCH WOOOHOOO!!!! Im sittin in the garage right now waitin for it to seperate, prolly gunna watch it for a few minutes then let it sit over nite.....I have like so much LYE, you only use a teaspoon for 1 liter lol so i got a lot left. All they had was a big jar of RED DEVIL so thats what i had to get, used most of the methanol though, and that stuff was hard to find! Im so excited, my dad is interested in doing this and he wants to learn which is even better. OMG sorry im like jumpin up n dwn over here for nuthin, but Im actually making fuel and it was so easy!!! Well Ill let yall know how it works out....its really startin to seperate now, pretty neat!!

Old 03-22-2006, 10:30 PM
pulnhorses
New User
PLease if you don't mind send me the recipe I would be so ever greatfull...................

Old 03-22-2006, 11:22 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
1 new liter of veggie oil, heat to 55 degrees C, then in a seperate non plastic container measure out 250 mL of methanol(heet gasline antifreeze yellow bottle) 1 TSP NaOH(RED DEVIL LYE) mix thoroughly till all crystals have disolved. once oil is heated transfer to a 2 liter bottle(soda bottle) then pour in the methoxide or methanol and lye mixture. Shake for about ten seconds, and then let sit over night and youll have BIO on top and gycerine on bottom. Go to www.biodieselcommunity.org GREAT SITE

Old 03-25-2006, 12:48 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope you took precautions. Make sure your not breathing this stuff. Go to bio ******* site or biodiesel.org and you will find out how qwick this stuff can potentially hurt you. Have fun. Test your recipe on your local donut shop free oil or chinese restruant oil.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:32 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bassproguy07
Ok I just finished my FIRST EVER TEST BATCH WOOOHOOO!!!! Im sittin in the garage right now waitin for it to seperate, prolly gunna watch it for a few minutes then let it sit over nite.....I have like so much LYE, you only use a teaspoon for 1 liter lol so i got a lot left. All they had was a big jar of RED DEVIL so thats what i had to get, used most of the methanol though, and that stuff was hard to find! Im so excited, my dad is interested in doing this and he wants to learn which is even better. OMG sorry im like jumpin up n dwn over here for nuthin, but Im actually making fuel and it was so easy!!! Well Ill let yall know how it works out....its really startin to seperate now, pretty neat!!
Good for you!!! Welcome to the World of Biodiesel! At least YOUR first batch was good. My very first batch was in a 100 gal appleseed processer, no puny test batch for me....... ........right? You guessed it, 100 gal of "glop soap"......It was so bad we had to take the top off the processer and dig it out with a shovel and a bucket..........ooops. Learned a LOT from that.......jump to now, 6,000 gal and going strong! If the new plant works right I should do 30,000+ gal next year.

Again, congrats on your first batch!

FABMANDELUX.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:40 PM
pulnhorses
New User
Fabman could you help me the larger batch recipe? I,m thinking of using the appleseed processor also... Thank you