I also posted this in the CT and New England chapter but figured more people might see it here
The Uconn Car Club is having its 3rd annual car show. Heres the scoop:
When: Sunday April 9th, 2006. Gates open at 10, Judging begins by 12, Trophies by 3pm. (No raindate!, this show is on RAIN or SHINE!) Where: The University of Connecticut, W-Lot Who: this is a car show for all makes and models. What: 400+ cars, raffles (including a raffle for a $150 gift certificate to F1 Boston, 50mph go karts for those that dont know), and a damn good time! How...much:
Its Free to spectate.
5 dollars to register.
50 dollars for vendors.
PM ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN SETTING UP A BOOTH!
The trophies and awards. Altogether there will be a total of 19 trophies and 5 Awards to be won. They are as follow...
1. Best Honda/Acura
2. Best Mitsubishi/DSM
3. Best Nissan
4. Best Toyota
5. Best Subaru
6. Best Import
7. Best Ford
8. Best GM
9. Best Mopar
10. Best Domestic
11. Best BMW
12. Best Audi/VW
13. Best Euro
14. Best Other
15. Best Exotic
16. Best Classic Pre 1960 -
17. Best Classic - 1960-1985
18. Best Truck
19. Best Off-Road Truck
20. Sleeper Award
21. Type R Award: it goes to the riciest car...(obnoxious spoilers, decals, etc.. )
22. Best Team/Club Award: goes to the club with the highest number of participants present.
23. Best In Show Award: chosen by those in attendance..
24. UC3 Choice Award and some other notables...
-Trophies/Awards will be determined by judges, unless otherwise mentioned above.
-Cars will be parked by origin of make. (imports will be parked in one spot, domestics in another, etc...)
- If you wish to come with a club or team, Come early and come together. With 400+ cars expected, we plan on having the cars park in consecutive spots. Feel Free To PM me With any questions