Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Chapter Meets Planning
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
It's been suggested that a regular day each month be chosen as a regular G2G day...

Now, this can be the first saturday of the month, and the location left wide open for several G2G's in various parts of a state or province to take place.

I kind of like that idea, as opposed to one big central meet that not everyone can blow the fuel money to get to - and yet it is still a designated day of the month that is KNOWN so that a G2G (or several of them) can be expected and planned for...

The same member put out the suggestion to post it as: "Show up, or don't show up. But if you don't show, NO WHINING..."

Is that a realistic outlook, assuming it is phrased in a polite way?
Old 03-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Postmaster

Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well, its good enough for me

Tried/trying to get a similar thing to happen regularly in the VAC since last summer. . . I've always told them, "It's YOUR chapter, you guys can meet and BS anytime, anywhere, and use the forum for any planning necessary with my full support and with any help I can give". No takers

I think the hardest part is finding someone who will instigate an area of the state near them. Of course, having plans laid out for them might be the key we were mising in the VAC, to get someone to grab the reins and go with it. I like the idea
1987 F-250 4x4
VIRGINIA CHAPTER
Virginia Chapter Website
Old 04-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
I also tend to think a certain degree of outrageousness may be required in order to get folks attention...

But thats just me.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Post Fiend

ivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud ofivanribic has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I also tend to think a certain degree of outrageousness may be required in order to get folks attention...
We've found that the simple combination of alcohol and fire seem to do the trick just fine.

FWIW we tried this last year. It worked for about 3 months and then after that it was pretty tough to get people to show up. They'd still be up for GTG's but showing up the same time each month just got too tough for most of them. Now we just post up whenever we want to meet.

Last edited by ivanribic; 04-19-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:13 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Chapter Meets Planning