Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Ontario Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Senior User

kwboom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey there guy's......

Been getting the Bronco itch with the little bit of spring we have been having.......

First off Matt......... if you think this belongs in the engine forum put it there but I am looking for more Canadian help with this one..........

Well 2 years ago I threw a connecting rod in my 351m and now looking at it and I think it just might be able to be refreshed with sleves in the cylinders if the block is not in bad shape............ But my ?? is has anyone rebuilt a 351m, and can anyone give me some prices on getting the parts and where might be the cheapest........I am in southern Ontario even farther south than Matt........ I want to do this on a budget and I am not looking for a power horse but a better running motor and something that will last for a whylle

I am going to try to use the same heads and intake and I am just looking to get the block done and getting new pistons and connecting rods and might even need a crank......

Thanx for any info that you might have. Mike
Old 03-17-2006, 10:33 PM

Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
First price a rebuilt short block or if on a budget try to find a good used engine that isn`t too pricey with some warrranty.
98 Ranger XLT S/cab
65/67 Mustang Fastbacks
Old 03-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Senior User

I was thinking on doing that but I really want to build my own motor.

I think it will be a good challange and I love doing work on my own truck......

Really I think if the block is solid, there is a few goudges(sp) in the cylinder walls and I think if anything they can be sleaved and fixed up and the only thing I will need to get is the pistons, connecting rods and maybe a crank....

Anyone have any good shops that will check out a block really cheap???? In the Southern Onatrio area.....south of London plz........
Old 03-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Postmaster

Dealford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The cost of sleeving two or more cylinders, or fetching the pieces you need to do the fix, will be more than the cost of a 351m core at the wreckers. If you can find a core that still turns (not siezed) you will also gain extra bits & pieces.
AL.
63 Fairlane, Gone to my buddy Chuck.
It Aint Fun Unless It's Done The Hard Way!
Old 03-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Senior User

Well I just talked to a guy this morning and he told me that the block is prob. scrap.......So I think that I just might look for something else to do........

Thanx anyway there people.........
Old 03-18-2006, 03:16 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just get a 400 and work that engine into a powerhouse and do the oiling system upgrade.

If you can find an early one (71-72) just put that in as it has lots of power.

I wouldn't go near having a 351M with the 400 being plentiful available.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:16 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Ontario Chapter