The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Cop encounters? (ticket/warning/curfew/whatever)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 02:07 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
haha - you would have to be the only person on this site to say that - the white one is a little quicker though (if a little less street legal...), anyways I am rotor-less at the moment

Old 03-19-2006, 07:26 AM
Jmudder79
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, so many stories. I got to be at work in 22 hours, so I won't mention them all. Here's a short one. Went muddin, lifted trucks tend to take out low hanging branches, low hanging branches ended up in bed with no tailgate, pulled onto main road, branches flew out of bed and into police car behind me. You can probably tell what happened next.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:48 PM
twin66
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a run in while drivin once. First off, i had a leak in my back brake line, so I didn't have very much for brakes. Leaving the school parkin lot last spring, alot of ice/water and slush covering the parking lot. Backed up, hit the brakes to slow up, nothing, so i pushed harder and they locked up, and I slid a little (about 5 feet), My buddy comes over and says there is a cop comin into the parkin lot (i guess he was close by when i was backing up) so I pulled back into my parking stall, and shut the truck off. Well, cop comes up to passenger side, and the power window didnt work on that side, so my buddy in shotgun opens the door so we can have a chat. Long story short, he gave me some story about drivin safe, how I could have got a $400 stunting ticket, and ended up with a warning.

Funniest thing ever was last summer at Big Valley Jamboree in Camrose. We have a mini pool and are filling it up with water from the big tanks scattered around the parking lot. A bunch of us climb in a truck, i still have my beer in my hand. I finish it, toss ot out the window. Well, cops rented unmarked cars just for this reason and was right behind us (good thing i wasnt driving, i was done at 10:00am when this happened). When we stop, i climb out, he asks me to come back to the cop car and starts askin me questions, 1st off, "do you have any ID on you?" Lets picture this, I was standing in the middle of the road talking to the cop in my swim trunks, NOTHING ELSE. I looked down, then back up at him and say "gee sorry, It must be in my PANTS!" another long story short, $300 for open alcohol in a vehicle. This was also 2 days after my 18th birthday, so I just turned legal.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:40 PM
CowboyPenner
Elder User
Busted for speeding twice.....I was goin' about 30kmph over....cop reduced it to 10 over and I ended up with a $50 ticket both times.

In the span of 2-3 weeks I was stopped and questioned 4 times.

The first time was for suspected drunk driving. I was driving around some snow drifts that were blowing onto the road. Cop saw me doin' this and pulled me over. To make matters worse I had alcohol on my breath from smoochin' with my girlfriend. I don't drink!!

The next time I was pullin' out of a bar. I got a block away and a cop pulled me over. He asked me if I'd had anything to drink and when I said "No, I don't drink" he laughed at me. After checkin' me out some more he let me go.

One time I was droppin' some movies off at the video store. It was probably 3am and there wasn't a soul around. There I am in front of the video store, getting out of my vehicle and a cop pulls into the parking lot. They pull up and ask me what I'm doin'...as if it isn't obvious with the video's in my hand....asked for my ID and after they're satisfied that I'm not up to no good they leave.

The last time I was sitting in a firehall parking lot, 2 minutes from home, having a smoke. I had just driven 3 hours from a horse show up north. I was takin' a few minutes to myself 'cause I knew when I got home there would be a house full of people. Anyways, cops come in behind me, want to know what I'm doin'....where I live...where I'd come from...why I'd stopped so close to home. After much explaining they left.

So there ya go....I've had a few experiences with cops...caused a few tense moments but it's all worked out ok.

Last edited by CowboyPenner; 03-21-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Big MEX
New User
I got pulled over for doing 69 in a 35. I got a $538 ticket for that one. The next time i pulled over for racing a friend in his civic, luckly i knew the cop pretty good so he let me off. Then I got pulled over in my dads mazda b2200 for 35 in a 25 and not having a rear bumper. The cop let me off with a warning. Also got pulled over for doing 70 in a 60, thats when i just got my 35" tires so i told the cop and he gave me a warning. The last time a ran a yellow light abd the cop said it was red. I got a $101 ticket for that one. Thats about it for now.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:17 PM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
I got pulled over in a buddy of mine's 99 Firebird Formula(has a FAST intake, full length headers, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, short shifter, better rear gears w/locker, chip, and larger throttle body), anyway....cop wasnt in town at the time, so he told me to go get rid of his old tires(Falken Z rated) since he was getting new ones(Pirelli P-Zero Nero), and I got rid of them, starting with a brake stand, about 15 seconds in front of the school building(during the summer) then started to make some donuts in the parking lot, then went to an intersection that nobody is ever at, and cut some more donuts, then went back to his place to change the tires. The cop saw all the fresh marks around town, came to his place, and asked. He knew that he had Falken tires(this cop is a real car guy) so he looked at the tires, we just got the Pirelli's on and the old ones thrown in his truck as the cop was pullin in. But he still got a ticket cuz the cop knew his car did all of them. Never paid it though, had it thrown out in court, it was a close call for me though, cuz I would've had to pay it out of guilt...and since I had so much fun even tho it was a GM vehicle, that is one bad 'Bird I'll give him that...

Old 03-24-2006, 03:28 PM
76 F-150 390FE
Posting Guru
i just dang near had 1 about 15 mins ago. i use a 96 jeep cherokee to get up and down the mountain in the mornin and afternoon to get to and from the bus becuase i dont have my lisence yet. it is about 2.5 miles one way. the inspecion on the jeep is dead, i just cut the exhaust off at the down pipe 2 days ago, the rest is hangin with bailin wire and i have no lisence. the speed limit varies between 15 and 25 and i do 35 no matter where i am becuase there is no need to do 15 up the mountain. well there is a long about 3/4 mile straight away (that i like to raise hell on after a good rain in my truck) and right at the end of it it curves off and the road i live off of is straight instead of the curve of the main road. i was on the straight cruisein at about 40 had my foot in it a little and it wasnt really quiet, i got to the top of a little hill and there is a cop right there comin at me in the other lane. i let off the gas and coasted by them at about 30mph in a 25. after they were out of site for a coupple of seconds i got on it and saw headlights in my rear view, i got to my road and just coasted down it and dove into the driveway and parked as far down it as i could. it doesent even have the right county sticker on it and it is dead too i think.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:15 PM
highboy390fe
Senior User
I got pulled over doing 78 in a 50 and got a ticket. 57 in 45 got a warning. 78 in a 65 got a ticket. 64 in a 55 got a warning. Got a ticket for sliding around a corner in the rain (on purpose). and got pulled over for Loud exhaust which isnt loud enough to get pulled over for but i did.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Peter94
I apparently ran a school bus stop arm. The school bus was coming at me, there was one kid walking tward his house (no one crossing the street). I could have swore there was no bus stop arm out, no lights or nothing. The bus driver claimed he was honking the horn, waving his arm out the window, had all the lights going, had the stop arm out, blah blah blah. It was a wide road none the less and i could have sworn the bus was just taking off as i went by. Anyway, i was promised a ticket and sent a warning, so lucky me.
Never thought I would post in this thread, but I quess I can now. . .Similar thing happened to me not 2 weeks ago

Bus on the side of the road, I saw no kids and the little stop arm wasn't out, so I passed it. . .Aparently the cop behind me saw kid(s), and saw the bus driver pop the arm out when she saw me entering the intersection. I was already on top of the bus, couldn't have stopped. . .

So anyways, passing a bus is wreckless driving in Virginia. I got a court date and lawyer and hopefully the judge will be somewhat easy seeing how this is first time and I have a perfect record up to this point.

Worst part is I know the cop. His best freind dated my mom for years, shoot we used to go fishing together

You guys are lucky. . .

Old 03-31-2006, 07:00 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Worst part is I know the cop.
man that really sucks that ya couldnt get outa that

Old 04-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Your telling me I found out the other day that my lawyer knows the cop as well too. . . can only keep my fingers crossed. I don't know whats worse, having to go to court or the wait! I got 18 more days to mull this over

Old 04-02-2006, 04:04 AM
ford4604bbl
Senior User
Talking

Been pulled over more times than I can count ....best was 57 in a 25 got a warning ticket ...was drunk as heck open container and all ....nice cop LOL

Old 04-02-2006, 07:32 PM
skilife17
Elder User
One of the girls at my work goes to same college as me and said I almost hit her the other day. She said I stopped and didn't even look. She says she gonna turn me into the school security. The funny thing is I was doing 10mph in the lot and limit is 15mph. I even told her that I looked and saw no one around. She is being kind of snotty about me almost hitting her.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:52 AM
BigDaddy6969
Senior User
My personal best is 96 in a 50. I could have went to jail for it but it was on the indian reservation i live on. I am related to the tribal judge and tribal prosecutor so the paper work "got lost". Whew!

Old 04-06-2006, 10:25 PM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
My personal best is meeting the cop at 115 in a 55, didn't even flinch(the cop), but my heart skipped a few beats. I was coming home from my girlfriends and I was runnin late....recently met the state trooper going 85 in a 55 and he just came into work to eat and told me to slow down a lil...haha..yea right.

Quick Reply: Cop encounters? (ticket/warning/curfew/whatever)