Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
"Help a Chapter Member Runs"

It's like this - it is always easier to troubleshoot a problem one of us has when we can git there and see what all is going on.

Right now, s8whiskey is out around Murfreesborough with a distributor problem.
He has a post in the 80-84 truck forum.

Is anyone close to there who would like to swing on by and check it out?

(PM s8whiskey for directions)

It's about 500 miles round trip for me, or I'd pack my stuff up tomorrow night.

SE of Nashville - mid state.

Last edited by Greywolf; 03-17-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by s8whiskey
Its a no go on me for Saturday. My truck Ive been working on is giving me problems and I have to get it started so I can sell it and get me my OWN truck. Its in the 80-84 thread under distributor issues. If you wanna read and maybe know what I should do.
I read your thread in the 80 - 86 forum.

That engine ain't right, man. Something is in there floating around, probably trapped between bearings in the cam galley. I bet you pull that cam, and fish in there with a magnet - you're gonna find all kinds of stuff in there.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:16 AM
Post Fiend

ford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to all
i would make sure the cam retaining plate has not come forward or come off.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

That's gonna call for the timing case to be pulled, like I suggested. Good point.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Postmaster

maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
facebook.com/TheCrip Maples01
Wish I could get under the hood, I'd check it for him, had a friend who had similar problems when both self destructed together. He had a roller engine in a 65 Gallaxy, installed a non roller distributor, was the caus of all his head ache.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:57 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter