6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Bully Dog which one

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 11:54 AM
XxfirmanxX
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bully Dog which one

I have a 04 F250 4"exhaust with the outlook monitor but would like to get the Hp up which module will work the best the Dyno dominator or the Rapid power. Just looking for some opinions. I do 80 % of my driving pulling a trailer and would like a little extra power.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:46 PM
RanchRodsTX
Senior User
The best Bully Products for the 6.0L are either the Power Pup 41561 or the Triple Dog 40500. The 41561 will go up to 155hp additional at the rear wheels, but is application specific. The Triple Dog 40500 goes up to 115hp, can be switched to either the Duramax or Cummins should ever have a brain fart and trade to another brand. Both downloaders are internet upgradeable to handle all the flashes. Takes about 15 minutes to install and about 5 minutes to return to stock. Go to www.BullyDog.com for more info.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Mark at DPPI
Elder User
XxfirmanxX,

If your interested in other brands the TS Performance 5X is the best smoothest power I ahev seen, plus the tranny copntrols are excellent. Call us if you want we have a new product roll out pricing special on them too!!

Mark @ DPPI

Old 03-17-2006, 07:27 PM
XxfirmanxX
Senior User
Thanks guys but Im looking for a module that I can power on the fly using the outlook different hp setting at your finger tips can you do that with the programers like the Power Pup 41561 or the Triple Dog 40500 Im not sure what they are capable of doing.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:59 PM
King of the Road 04
Senior User
as much as i like the idea of "shift on the fly" modules and systems......my main question with them is the tranny.........I know people have stated on here that they change HP programs on a moments notice and have not seen any ill effects on their tranny....but they were not towing, they were at the track.

Others may say the same thing and they were towing.......but with these trannys adaptive learning strategy and other considerations, I personally would not use it as a way to be able to tow different loads. Honestely, i have towed over the limit of my truck on the ECON setting of my old predator *(which i dont use anymore) but was very careful with rpms and speed (at the time i had no guages).....but would i do it everyday? Absolutely not......these are good trucks with good engines but u have to treat them with care

My idea for you would be to find a tune with the best towing program (AKA most power within EGT limits, etc) and stick with that unless u know u wont be towing for awhile and then put in the crazy high HP tune for runnin around in.

Its better to be safe than sorry, these trannies are expensive let alone the engines.

Old 03-18-2006, 10:53 AM
RanchRodsTX
Senior User
The Bully Dog Triple Dog Combo with the Outlook Monitor is a full function shift on the fly system. Because you actual change programs on the fly instead of adjusting power levels within a program, it would fit your requirements exactly. Several of the site sponsors sell these at great prices. The only real mechanical part of the install is the Pyro Probe install. It's nice to have a trained dealer do that if you aren't that mechanically inclined. The new dealer locator can help find a local dealer. The Tri Before You Buy free horsepower uses the tow/economy setting program for the trial. The TS5X has some good features but both the people who I talked to had problems when the AP1.HEX part number flash was done by Ford. Bully Dog has already made the solution for that flash available to both Triple Dog and Power Pup customers via an internet update. I think DPP (sponsor) is a dealer for Bully Dog.

Last edited by RanchRodsTX; 03-18-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:51 PM
XxfirmanxX
Senior User
thanks RanchRodsTX i am going to go with the power pup as I already have the outlook installed but thanks for all the help

Old 03-18-2006, 01:38 PM
PStrokin
New User
Originally Posted by XxfirmanxX
thanks RanchRodsTX i am going to go with the power pup as I already have the outlook installed but thanks for all the help
Definitely the right choice. I have 06 F250 and I tried the "Try it" and was very impressed so I ordered the Triple Dog with monitor. When doing the download I ended up having to call Bully Dog direct because on extreme it didn't seem to have any more power than the "Try it" did and that was only suppose to be about 70 HP. Anyway after the tech at Bully Dog finally talked me through the process we went for a ride while the tech was on the phone and my accelerator stuck wide open and the tranny started shifting very erratic so I stopped and went back to stock and everything was fine. The tech said it sounded like it might be defective or something but after the problems I decided I didn't want that unit so I called the dealer I bought it from and had them send me a Power Pup and monitor. This unit downloaded perfect and on 70% it feels much stronger than the Triple Dog did on extreme, and on 100% this thing kicks serious butt almost like a muscle car. The only thing I don't really like about the power pup is you do have to do an initial calibration for the tranny but that is it unless you go back to stock then you have to reprogram again. This is definitely a great piece of equipment and I think you will really enjoy the awesome power.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:15 PM
PStrokin
New User
Originally Posted by XxfirmanxX
You will need to know which outlook you have because the outlook for the Triple Dog is a different part number from the one for the Power Pup. That may determine which unit you will need to get unless you are interested in buying another Outlook monitor for the new downloader.

Old 03-19-2006, 03:00 PM
RanchRodsTX
Senior User
The part number for the Outlook Monitor is the same for the Power Pup and the stand alone, which I think you have now. So you are making a good choice from a $$ standpoint. I run the Power Pup on my '04 6.0L and there are some Camaros and Firebirds who are probably looking to trade for 250SD's after tangling with me....LOL

Old 03-20-2006, 08:59 AM
PStrokin
New User
Originally Posted by RanchRodsTX
The part number for the Outlook Monitor is the same for the Power Pup and the stand alone, which I think you have now. So you are making a good choice from a $$ standpoint. I run the Power Pup on my '04 6.0L and there are some Camaros and Firebirds who are probably looking to trade for 250SD's after tangling with me....LOL
LMAO yeah I wouldn't be surprised. I have been looking for one of the cocky 1500 Hemi drivers to see what he thinks of the big boys loud, noisy, smoke puffing trucks when I clean his clock.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:03 AM
RanchRodsTX
Senior User
Every HEMI that has even looked sideways at me is still coughing.....LOL