Bronco II Ford Bronco II

How much crap do you get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 06:02 PM
TobsBronco2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much crap do you get?

So how much crap do you guys get for driving a Bronco 2? i know i get some but not to much, i have mainly heard "oh thats a girls car", and "thats and old man truck." just wanted to know if im the only one that gets ragged on, not that im complaning i love my Bronco 2!

Old 03-16-2006, 07:07 PM
ruddy
Cross-Country
First time my 14yr old daughter rode in mine, she said;
"Dad, I feel like a hillbilly!"

Old 03-16-2006, 08:21 PM
my72ford
Senior User
my 4 yr old sone loves it! he would rather ride in that than my fully restored 1972 f100 i have had a few compliments on my b2

Old 03-16-2006, 09:18 PM
96EddieBauer
Freshman User
Well to tell you the truth....I dont care!

Well around here we have started a club where we name our Bronco ll's and then take the fender emlems off and shorten them to accomadate. For instance the name of my 88' is Bro and the name of my friends is Ron. We take our Bros to off road Jamborees often and people just love our trucks....

We have heard such comments as..."Man that was like watching the little engine that could" or " That was the funniest thing Ihave ever seen, I didnt know those things could do that!"

Our trucks are the source of entertainment for many people around here in the summer the Rons top comes off so we can enjoy the air...We have a cooler that fits perfectly in the cargo area in the back, and we just take it two trackin around our favorite camping destinations.

So if anyone says anything I just write it off as an indication that the person may have never ridden in one or may potentially be jealous! Or I may just not give a rats behind!

96' Eddie Bauer F-150
88' Bro
72' Chevrolet K-10.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:48 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
Yea, someone "once" with a Wrangler ragged on me about my BII. Until I got the tape measure out and showed how my "stocK" BII on P235s had more air under my transfer case skid plate then his Wrangler on his big factory 30s?

Then I dared to compare turning radius and showed how it was even smaller then a VW Jetta (we had one near by).

Then I start with something along the lines of "want to see if you can follow me off road through the woods between some trees"?

Most Jeeps are way taller and wider then a BII with at least a 4 inch longer wheelbase. Not to mention heavier, if they have to follow a BII off road through a wooded area, you can stick them easy. Sort of like trying to follow a Suki.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:02 AM
frankenbroncoII
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when i got my first bII (86 model) people gave me alot of crap. mainly they ran full size with extreme lifts and large tires. then we all decided to go mudding one evening. the largest of the trucks was a 77 f100 with 391/2 tsl but most had 36 inch tires varying from tsl to all out boggers. my lil truck was fitted with p235 74 r 15 dunlop radial A/T. i went everywhere they went as they would dig down and ride in the bottom of most ruts and dips. i would skim the top. though granted i had to turn the lil 2.9 tween 3-4k rpms to keep the tires clean. but i was the last one to get stuck.. several weeks after that night. some of the other guys poped up with varying BII year models...

Old 03-18-2006, 09:54 AM
OSin86
Posting Guru
My buddies are used to me having something a little different but for the most part I'm a "do your thing" kind of guy. Basically I do what I enjoy and ignore most criticism. Seems when someone gives me the "what are you driving" look I just say I'm enjoying the last real full framed small 4x4 ford made. To be totally honest they're way better then even I thought they were. People understand real quick when you tell then what they can do and waht you can do to them.

Old 03-18-2006, 11:00 AM
frankenbroncoII
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the one thing i miss most about my BII(s) (have owned 4) is the ability to do a u-turn in the width of one lane. when tracking through the woods and run out of a trail or need to turn around for what ever the reason, and the path is so narrow that limbs are atacking the mirrors as you ride you can still do a u turn and drive out with out haveing to back the whole way out or back into the trees and under brush.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:22 PM
TobsBronco2
New User
Hey great stories, all the guys at work are starting to come around, in fact my dad is thinking about buy a BII now for his communter truck.

Old 03-19-2006, 05:30 PM
fordxfour87
Senior User
Im only 15, and im working on my bornoc for when i start driving her....so far its only been called a "peace of crap", but that was only by people who drive 2.0 ecplipses, and 1.6 hondas....like see them go off road, ...i always think you buy a vehicle for a certian purpose if you dont just want a back and forth car or truck.

So the people in hondas, can rice race all they want, and jack there insurence up 400 dollars a ticket.......

while I dont speed (well, cant really with a bronco II, im not, dont want to kill myself) And have a great time off roading and stuff like that, hell even in snow, ill be passing those hondas with a look that says "this 850$ peice of junk, just kicked your ***"

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/bronco/0/3D57B0A9-EFE3-4577-A7BC-8BA16F6AFF98.htm

^^^^ cant wait!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05&q=bronco+II

^^^^ this is just to show people who think the bronco II not well-built and will break if you take it in the woods......hmmm, looks like that bronco is stock, now what other "stock" truck will grind up on this hill over 5 times, without breaking a single thing. It didnt get over the first few times, but atleast it didnt die trying

Last edited by fordxfour87; 03-19-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:13 PM
stuffman2003
New User
ive got an 84 and like they said its calld "a pile of crap". i tell you what its the most comfortable vehicle ive ridden in i love it.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:35 PM
fordxfour87
Senior User
Yes, i think my bronco is very comfortable, it feels very safe, even with its history of "easy to roll over". The heater works even before the needle moves...somthing great for up hear in nj

Old 03-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Canadianice
Senior User
I love my BII!! It runs like a dream and goes off road like no other! I have and 84 and it just turned over 100,000 original miles. I just gave my truck the gift of flowmaster and holy cray did that give my truck a boost in power! Also gave it a dose of noise but whatever. I have had nothing but people saying they love my truck and how much they miss there old BII. Considering I live in Palm Springs California I think that says a lot for our little trucks. One example: A man in a mid to late 90's Jag convertable pulled up and eyed my truck and said I love your wheels, I have to admit It felt nice since he had a mint Jag and dint want to shut up about my truck.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:03 AM
rangerguy52
Junior User
My newest project is an old '88 Bronco II that a lot of people take a look at right now a call it “a rusted piece of s**t”, but wait till they see it when I finish it then they will be singing a different tune. I'm tearing out the old drive train a putting in a 460 Lincoln, C6 transmission and NP205 transfer case. To support all of this and get the power to the wheels I'm going to throw a set of older F-350 axles under it. To the body I'm going to put a all new front clip on and the roof is going to get replaced with a custom rag top. I’m also going to customize to door hinges so I can easily switch between the regular doors to some custom fabricated tube door, that way when mudding I can get the full experience. I can’t wait till I get it finished. I’m going to love seeing people’s heads turn as I drive it down the road!

Old 03-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Desert Dog
Senior User
My Bronco II 89

I have ben many places in 2 wheel drive some jeeps had to go into 4 wheel I dont care what other people think.

Quick Reply: How much crap do you get?