Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Senior User

NDrum2005 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Boots

What kind of boots do yall own?

I wear an old pair of RedWing 1155 pull-ons everyday. I also have a newer pair of 1155's (cant beat em), a pair of RedWing steel-toe Lineman's boots, a pair of black bullhide Noconas, a brown and a black pair of Justin western laceups, a pair of black cherry lizard skin Lucchese, a pair of black calfskin Lucchese, and a pair of black Harley-Davidson motorcycle boots.

My favorite is that old pair of 1155's. The sole has one side worn off, the heel is so worn down that it pushed the nails up through the inside of the boot, and the "foot" part of the boot is scuffed up so much that it looks more like a greyish brown suede, and the "leg" part looks almost brand new.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Post Fiend

chrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to all
i love my redwings, but man are they pricy. ive got a pair of wolverines on right now, and like the feel of Brahmas too.
Welding a 9"
Very simple front bumper
Lowering Spring Towers

Hi, I'm Andrew and I have a wheelin problem that is often disrupted by fabbin and drinkin, glad to meet yall.

STGs MinionsTechnical Advisor
Old 03-15-2006, 08:35 PM
New User

2k1stang is starting off with a positive reputation.
i've got a nice and broken in pair of justin's. i've never worn a more comfortable pair of work boots. and i got a pair of steel toe red wings because i used to be welding and it was just common safety practice.

a pair of nice doc's for going out, but i still wear my old cat's from time to time. very comfortable.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Elder User

Jmudder79 has a good reputation on FTE.Jmudder79 has a good reputation on FTE.
Caterpillars. Steel toe. Those boots last forever. Had the same pair for about 5 years, and they are still in great shape. Still the best pair of boots i've owned. I wear them everywhere. Work, home, even weddings. Tried the wal mart boots. They lasted maybe a year or two.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Junior User

FORD_LOVER is starting off with a positive reputation.
I own 3 pair of Justin's. one i wear every day to school, the next is a work boot/beat the hell out of boot, and the third is a pair that i only wear for foraml occassions.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Elder User

DD1684 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I usually wear sneakers, but when I work I usually wear GBX. Not really a work boot, but they suit my needs perfectly and are comfortable right out of the box. I've tried others like Herman Survivors, Lugz, Brahma and Mack. Think my next pair will be CAT or Timbeland Pro series.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Senior User

fiftyfourdf100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't remember what my work boots are, I think Redwing, but I can't remember off hand. My other boots are Doc Martins that I wear almost everyday.
65 Mustang
love my job, its like not actually working..
Old 03-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Posting Guru

76 F-150 390FE is starting off with a positive reputation.
timberland pro $80 at tractor supply store and have lasted 2 years of wearing them every day from 7am to atleast 10pm and i still probably have a coupple months left in them before i use them for really dirty work and get a new pair.

'94 Ranger XLT, 4X4, 4.0, M5OD, 4" suspension

'96 F-350 XLT, 4X4, 460, ZF5, wood hauler
FORD.............. the best never rest
Old 03-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Elder User

bassproguy07 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rocky Buckaroos, usually wear double H but i thought id try these rocky's out, i wouldnt get a pair of rocky western boots again. The hiking boots are great, but rocky bucks no, leathers too soft and wears easily, also leaves your socks Brown!
Old 03-16-2006, 01:51 AM
Senior User

twin66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got a pair of wally worlds steel toed boots. Actually they work good, i wear them everywhere, not quite a year old, only got them b/c i needed a quick pair of steel toed for work.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Senior User

superpony18 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wear Whites at $430 a pair, I'm serious about my feet and the red wings are flat footed and don't last very long.
2001 F-250 CC, LB, 4X4 7.3L/Built Auto/Warn hubs, 6637, straight pipe, HPX, Bully Dog 4 bank chip, WW, Triple pillar gauges, pre pump and intank, external tranny filter, boost tube, 45K lb. tranny cooler, 4"to 5" stacks, ebpv delete

1954 F100 - in pieces, currently porting heads
Old 03-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Elder User

Nathane is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin66
I got a pair of wally worlds steel toed boots. Actually they work good, i wear them everywhere, not quite a year old, only got them b/c i needed a quick pair of steel toed for work.
Never knew someone who accually admitted to having walmart boots, or tools...

wow

Ive got a pair of wolverines, great boost, but Im outgrowing them... I think I got them for $60, but I dont remember

~Nate
Old 03-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Senior User

FarmboyAC is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got 2 pairs of justins, one that is beat to hell for working and one that i wear to school and other places where i have to look decent lol, best boots i've ever had, i have to get the wide toe style though so they come with the soft type of soles and i tend to wear them out after 1 or 2 years...... ooo the pains of having huge feet LOL

WHAT?? Ford made a truck after 97, i guess you learn something new everyday!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Postmaster

ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.
I've got a pair of Justin Boots ostrich skin, with this new sole type called "Tekno Crepe." I really like them a lot. Had them since end of my Junior Year of high school (about three years or so now). They cost a lot but they're worth it to me... extremely comfortable and very sharp. Turn a lot of heads around here.

I'd like to get a pair of Redwings work boots, as well.
My Truck Pics
Old 03-16-2006, 02:25 PM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassproguy07
Rocky Buckaroos, usually wear double H but i thought id try these rocky's out, i wouldnt get a pair of rocky western boots again. The hiking boots are great, but rocky bucks no, leathers too soft and wears easily, also leaves your socks Brown!
Got a pair of Rocky Buckaroos last year and I have the same issues. I was surprised since my Rocky biker boots have held up great.

I also have a pair of steel toe Redwing pull-ons and White's cowboy-packers. I love the White's but I hate messin' with the laces.

Also got a bunch of other regular cowboy boots (Luchesse is my favorite) but the quality of most of the cowboy brands has gone down hill the last few years.

Uh-oh - just realized I've infiltrated the young'uns forum... sorry guys, this 30 something will slink back over to the old-folks home!

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.

Last edited by cowboywanabe; 03-16-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:25 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation

Tags
2231, boot, boots, brown, dakota, ford, fte, inch, raptor, redwing, reviews, socks, steel, toe, turn, work, workboots