The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Boots

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:54 PM
ncl
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah man Danner boots all the time dont where anything else.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:17 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing compares to Danner for quality and service. After testing out many different brands, I have found nothing better for me than a Danner, they are all I put on my feet. People are put off by the price, but you get what you pay for.

People say that certain boots just take longer to break in. A good quality boot that fits right should have no break in time at all. Once I got my size down right, 9.5EE, I can put a pair on and they feel like I have been wearing them for years. The Army issues me tons of boots, and I have tons of boots sitting brand new in the box. I wear my Danner Desert Acadias everyday. Last deployment, they had over 1 year of continuous use and are still good to go, soles are wearing down a bit though. So, for this deployment I bought another pair and retired that set.

Same goes for hunting and working, nothing compares. I spend 95% of the day on my feet, they are my main mode of transportation and I put many miles on them, so I treat them good, and they treat me well in return.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:03 PM
billy12360
Elder User
Originally Posted by nobodyspecial
Nothing compares to Danner for quality and service. After testing out many different brands, I have found nothing better for me than a Danner, they are all I put on my feet. People are put off by the price, but you get what you pay for.

People say that certain boots just take longer to break in. A good quality boot that fits right should have no break in time at all. Once I got my size down right, 9.5EE, I can put a pair on and they feel like I have been wearing them for years. The Army issues me tons of boots, and I have tons of boots sitting brand new in the box. I wear my Danner Desert Acadias everyday. Last deployment, they had over 1 year of continuous use and are still good to go, soles are wearing down a bit though. So, for this deployment I bought another pair and retired that set.

Same goes for hunting and working, nothing compares. I spend 95% of the day on my feet, they are my main mode of transportation and I put many miles on them, so I treat them good, and they treat me well in return.
only problem and i mean the only problem i have with danner is... the fact that i have WIDE feet.. more toward the front... while my dad doesnt have as wide of feet as mine.... so since my danners are hand me downs... i have a tendency to rip holes in the side... but that doesnt normally worry me to much... since it takes a while for that to happen...

Old 09-24-2008, 04:37 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i have two pairs of Boulet (Canada boots) one cowboy and one work steel toe boots...i love them and can wear them all day in all kinds of situations....

i wonder how many people that posted back in 06 still have the same boots or not?

i bought my cowboys boots 2 years ago still have the same pair, just resouled one time.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Daniel5.0
Senior User
I bought a pair of Wolverines a few months ago...seem to be reasonably decent boots. I didn't think to look, and when I got home discovered they're made in China...that ticked me off. Next time I'll go with Justin or something different.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Iversen-fords
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Redwings are the only way to go for me. had a pair for 3 years that took a beating everyday. what really killed my boots were the fires i was putting out with them, it melted the tread compeletly off my boots. now im on my 2nd pair and they are looking pretty good.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:00 PM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've got two pairs of Lugz, which before owning them I thought they were just for show.

A tan leather pair for everyday use, and a black, higher top pair for work related chores.

I've been very happy with them. The black pair Ive had for 7years now.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:38 AM
joshc_guitar
Senior User
Timberland Pros that I got for free from my friend that works for BNSF!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:50 PM
maverick1701
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wear red wing 2231's...I love em', my first pair lasted 4 years before I wore a hole through the sole.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:38 PM
big_ford_rednek
Senior User
best pair of boots ever. ariat heritage crepe..wear them for school and fancy places.. along with c.e. schmidt boots.. a tractor supply brand.. worn the **** out of em but still holding together.. used to work at tsc so got great discounts

Old 10-28-2008, 07:57 PM
mstiles19
Posting Guru
I got a pair of timberland pros which i wear all the time and i also have a pair of justins but the sole is starting to fall off. It sucks have big feet(16) its almost impossible to find a perfect pair of boots

Old 11-29-2008, 08:27 AM
purecountry
Senior User
I wear double h slip ons almost everyday, for the longest all I wore was justin lace ups, I bought a set a year while I was in high school, and I have a set of black durangos that I wear to church and formal stuff. And of course my issued boots everyday.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:13 PM
cipsmithers
Senior User
I seem to notice a lack of Georgia boot... Got a pair of G8320's on my christmas list. Been on the same pair of georgia boot "romeo's" for those who don't know for 2 years, got a pair of Schnee's for riding 4 wheelers and a little hiking on the east side of the state,and i forget the brand of my corksThese are the best shoes ever.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:16 PM
CountryBoy 4x4
New User
My boots

I own a pair of Justin's Classic Apache Boots. Eventually looking to get a pair of Georgia Boots.

Here's a picture, I wear size 14 EE

Old 01-27-2009, 02:50 AM
highboy87
Senior User
it's all about the georgia's. pull on wellington. and i've got my buckaroo justins too. you can't beat a pair of baby blue tops on the knee highs...

Quick Reply: Boots