Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Mid-Atlantic Region Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and West Virginia

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2006, 01:35 PM
New User

Trucknmama is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any Maryland Shadetree Mechanics?

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer with so far only minor problems that I'd like to get help with. Things like the inside door handle not working, the remote door opener only locking and rarely UNLOCKING the door, and a slow moving electric window. Besides the minor things I'd love to meet someone who knows about these things or could refer me to an honest (and hopefully cheap) mechanic near Annapolis, MD. Anyone?
Old 03-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Senior User

eedvark is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Trucknmama never had an Exploder that new but my older ones had similiar problems.I am willing to bet the the inner door handle not working is frogging up everything else.It sounds like maybe everything is just out of alignment.If everything is rubbing other parts then the electric motors have to fight to do thier job.Remove the door panel and see if the locks/windows/latches work easier.You might be able to realign the panel or install it less tight to the door and make things work.A bodyshop/bodyman might be better than a regular mechanic .Hope this helps.

Last edited by eedvark; 03-19-2006 at 02:54 PM. Reason: cant spell
Old 03-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Posting Guru

Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.
I live in Edgewater and do a lil bit of side work, if you would like me to take a look @ it you can call me and we can set something up, 443-205-0430, Dustin, aka Tractor Boy
Old 04-06-2006, 08:44 AM
New User

HighwayJunkieJT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Aberdeen here...................
Old 04-22-2006, 11:02 AM
New User

Trucknmama is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tractor Boy I just may give you a call this week. I've been away but now that I'm back I want to start fixing the many problems with this Ford truck. Thanks bunches!
Old 06-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Posting Guru

Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.
ya get it fixed yet, or just forgot 2 call me, lemme know wassup, I'm still lookin for side werk, need more mods on my truck, lol anyway no rush just checkin up
Old 07-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Elder User

dk5122 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayJunkieJT
Aberdeen here...................
Good to see some Harford county people on here.
06 Mustang GT Vert
07 Escape 4x4
Old 07-20-2006, 06:44 AM