DELUXE GreaseBeast FILTER KIT & Pump! SVO Biodiesel WVO

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:11 PM
trigun7469
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DELUXE GreaseBeast FILTER KIT & Pump! SVO Biodiesel WVO

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DELUX...QQcmdZViewItem

Has anybody bought or used this? if so what are you using for fuel filters? What kind of setup are you running to heat your tank?

Old 03-14-2006, 10:31 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look real close at what the questions are and the design. If you look close you can see the filter can is that of a pool pump canister. You can put this system together. Your in clevland. TSC will have the canister filter deal for fuel/ oil 27 bucks, the pressure guage you can find at true value hardware for 12 bucks approx. The heavy screen filter that can go inside the clear canister is 5 or 10 buck I cant remember. And additional filter that looks like an oil filter is also a TSC (tractor supply) or any other agg store. That is about 20 bucks and you can buy all the filters for 3 to 5 bucks and run 50psi through them. Youll have to shop. But this is just a fancy way to suck oil, if you make you own bio you wouldnt need this except on you final filtering before you put it in your tank and only then would you need the 27 buck filter setup.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:12 PM
trigun7469
Junior User
Originally Posted by kennedyford
Look real close at what the questions are and the design. If you look close you can see the filter can is that of a pool pump canister. You can put this system together. Your in clevland. TSC will have the canister filter deal for fuel/ oil 27 bucks, the pressure guage you can find at true value hardware for 12 bucks approx. The heavy screen filter that can go inside the clear canister is 5 or 10 buck I cant remember. And additional filter that looks like an oil filter is also a TSC (tractor supply) or any other agg store. That is about 20 bucks and you can buy all the filters for 3 to 5 bucks and run 50psi through them. Youll have to shop. But this is just a fancy way to suck oil, if you make you own bio you wouldnt need this except on you final filtering before you put it in your tank and only then would you need the 27 buck filter setup.
So if I buy the following:
Pool filter and pool pump canister
Pressure Guage
Heavy screen filter inside a clear Canister
I don't see where you have a way to filter out the water? they have a specail filter for the water which is very important to filter. I am a little unclear how I could DIY as good as package please explain as the cheaper the better this specfically for WVO

Old 03-15-2006, 07:42 PM
leskwvo
Senior User
Trigun,

No filter made will filter water from WVO except free water. And that really does not need filtering since it is heavier then WVO and will settle.

I agree cmpletely with Kennedyford. You don't need much money to filter WVO. All you need is a cheap sock filter (about 6-7 bucks) a 55 gallon drum and time. A little heat helps to speed things up. Like keeping the WVO @ 90F or so for a few days will help any suspended water settle.

Last edited by leskwvo; 03-15-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:34 PM
mobilefleet
Senior User
better yet, to get rid of any water in WVO just boil it. Either at home or using a portable propane stove (like for camping). Get a 5 gallon pot/pan and boil the WVO. Then store it or put it in your tank after filtering it

Old 03-17-2006, 02:01 PM
rcdallas
Junior User
Originally Posted by trigun7469
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DELUXE-GreaseBeast-FILTER-KIT-Pump-SVO-Biodiesel-WVO_W0QQitemZ4611746273QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Has anybody bought or used this? if so what are you using for fuel filters? What kind of setup are you running to heat your tank?
Yes, when I had first begun wvo, I bought that setup. In my honest humble opinion, it's junk. The only thing that was remotely worth anything in that setup was the 12v pump - but not good enough for collecting oil, just for transfer from settle tank to filtering tank.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:22 PM
trigun7469
Junior User
Originally Posted by leskwvo
Trigun,

No filter made will filter water from WVO except free water. And that really does not need filtering since it is heavier then WVO and will settle.

I agree cmpletely with Kennedyford. You don't need much money to filter WVO. All you need is a cheap sock filter (about 6-7 bucks) a 55 gallon drum and time. A little heat helps to speed things up. Like keeping the WVO @ 90F or so for a few days will help any suspended water settle.
The reason why I am interested in this setup is I don't have any room for a 55 gallon drum, this gives me the conveince of just filling up and going. THat is the setup that I am looking for, so if you have any other ideas on that, would be most helpful for me.

Old 03-18-2006, 01:15 PM
leskwvo
Senior User
There is no good answer to this. Prepairing the WVO for use takes time. It should never be done in a hurry. Things will start breaking if you start taking short cuts.

Some folks filter and settle into 5 gallon pals. But it needs to settle and it is best to keep it the WVO at about 90F while it is settling.

WVO my not be for you if you don't have the space to do it correctly.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:14 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im back in town so I can reply to that first question. Trigun, if you go the the agg. store youll see what I mean by those filters. They do seperate water but only heavy amounts. Once again the micro small suspended water has to settle. If only you had the room then you could do some larger quantities.