N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Treasure, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:29 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Treasure, anyone?

We need a treasurer, someone to handle whatever money we collect. We will need to pay for some items in advance, such as hotel rooms and the like. The treasurer would be responsible for collecting the money and seeing that it was paid.

In addition, we will be selling hats and tee shirts and other novelties with our logo, again we need to account for that money. However, it will be only a minor amount of cash so lets not make the job too complicated.

I don't see it as a demanding job, but we do need someone stable. I don't think it should be an elected position as we want continuity. We don't need to transfer the books every year.

Are there any volunteers?

Clint

Old 03-12-2006, 08:50 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
When money is concerned, everything becomes complicated

I wonder if a PayPal account, etc can be set up and draw intrest, then have say one or two folks that are aloowed to disperse funds? Just do it all on the wbe/electronically...that way no one has to mess with taking checks into the bank, clearing them, etc.

If were completely on the web and electronic, I'd volunteer.

Maybe we can talk about it some more tomorrow.

Old 03-12-2006, 11:36 PM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Not everyone uses Paypal or electronic funds transfers. A Paypal account is a great idea though for those who use it.