Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Senior User

bloomy63 is starting off with a positive reputation.
anyone know how to reset a hypertech programmer?

does anyone know how to reset a hypertech progammer that was not returned to stock?
can this programmer, if not reset, still be used to read diagnostic codes on my pick up?
it is a hypertech power programmer III for a 2001 psd, i have a 2000 psd
Old 03-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Senior User

Clint40 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had a hypertech on a 2001 psd and it could not read codes. To re-set it back to stock you plugged in and followed directions as they came up on the screen. It wasnt to hard and then vise versa to put program into truck.I see you say you have a 2000, some of those programmers can NOT be used in other years so be careful of that. I would contact hypertech to find out first.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Posting Guru

MobeyDick is starting off with a positive reputation.
Some will read codes and some will not! My first wouldn't and when Ford Dearler flashed my 01 the programmer would not REINSTALL, yes, it was out. Called Hypertech and the acused me of trying to install it in second truck. They sent me a second for $200 and it would read codes. I like the programmer but I would never BUY a Hypertech product again!!
Old 03-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Senior User

bloomy63 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i was going to purchase a used hypertech programer, off of e-bay real cheap to use as a code reader. thanks for not letting me waste my money on something i could not use
Old 03-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Senior User

Dsl Lover is starting off with a positive reputation.
They cannot be reset by the user. You must return the programmed truck to stock before you can switch trucks. Also, Hypertech offers a lifetime warranty on their programmers, but only to the original owner. Buy it 2nd hand and forget any tech support or service. Trust me, been there tried that. I did it with my Ram (Bought it to program the speedo for larger tires). Anyrate after programming the speedo the 2nd time, something went wrong and the computer defaulted - thinking I had 22" tires (They were 31.5"). Needless to say the speedo was WAY off. An $85 trip to the dealer got it straightened out. I re-ebayed the programmer after that.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2000, 73, code, diesel, ford, hard, hypertech, hypertechprogramresetvinhtml, iii, money, power, programmer, reset, resetting, restart, waste