Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2006, 11:14 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
The dream is over.

For those of you that have been driving to Cabot to get diesel fuel for $2.22....it jumped to $2.45 at both stations, so don't waste your fuel getting here.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 03-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Elder User

jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That sucks. To tell ya the truth though. I always buy Exxon diesel. The Tiger always gives me a couple extra MPG. 2 buck 50 fuel still sucketh though. Man I can't wait 'til I get my processor built. Home brew diesel, oh yeah.

jimbo

WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. You'll get
paid after we getback. Must bring your own weapons.
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
www.jimkidd.com
Old 03-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Elder User

natebaker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just get a VW jetta with a diesel. That's my mom's daily driver. It's an '01 with a 1.9L TDI in it. I know this is a Ford forum, but I must admit.... it's slow if it's stock... Put these on there, and you'll fly:

Tuner chip
racing injectors
350hp/500ft lb clutch
lightweight flywheel
limited slip differential
Spin Tech muffler

I swear, you will reach speeds in excess of 140. I stopped at 135 bc I ran out of room. That's the fastest I have ever gone in my entire life, let alone, being powered by a diesel. Has anyone heard that Audi is out to win the Le Mans with a fleet of TDI cars?

I know it won't haul anything, but it gets 42mph in town.
Flareside Bed
142.6 dB

Provo, UT - Here I come!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Elder User

jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Arrow

I lived in germany for three years when I was in the Army. I have a BMW and drove about 120 to 130 every time I was on the autobahn. There's this long, straight 4% grade between Wildfleckin and Würzburg on the A7. I was going about as fast as I coulddown the hill, 135-140, and I was coming up on someone doing the suggested safe speed limit of about 85 (130 KPH.) I looked in my rear view and over my shoulder and saw that nothing was coming, turned on my left blinker to pass and all of a sudden a Porche passed me like I was setting still! So Porches are fast cars!

BTW, in Europe, especially Germany, turbo diesel is the trend. It's also not uncommon to see 40-50 MPG from these little oil burners. My father-in-law (Papa Schulz) drives a Turbo Diesel Ford Mondeo wagon. Now that's an ideal I wish would catch on here. I would love to have a Ranger or F-150 with a small Turbo Diesel.

WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. You'll get
paid after we getback. Must bring your own weapons.
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
www.jimkidd.com
Old 03-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
It is within reason to build a gas engine V6 or I4 to 300 psi compression - just lengthen the rods. The trick would be mounting an injector pump.

The turbo would be a standard kit...
Old 03-09-2006, 02:58 PM