Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fellro86

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Posting Guru

Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.
Which one should I buy?

F150 or a Ridgeline? We're looking at trading in my wifes 2002 Eplorer Sport Trac. I'm not to happy with what I've read about the 2007 Sport Trac's. Sounds like they are ghetto'ing them. Less truck, more street cruiser. So my wife is looking seriously at the F150 Crewcab. Suprised me that she was interested in a larger vehicle. Wish there was a crew Ranger.

OK, I just put the Ridgeline thing in as a joke. No we aren't lookig at Ridgelines. I want something with a frame, and my wife thinks they are almost as ugly as an Aztec.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
I can tell you that my co drivers just bought a 06 F150 and once he got the tires replaced he loves it. I have driven it a couple of times and it is a nice riding and driving vehicle. And I just bought the wife an 03 expy with low miles and that is a very nice riding vehicle for bieng based on a pickup frame. I even used the expy to tow my car trailer and an exploder up to desmoines last week and it actually tows almost as good as my F250 with the PSD.

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be teh same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilage to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Senior User

BigBear1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
WOW, the whole ridgline thing scared me But seriously I drove my buddies '05 F-150, and although I haven't driven a diesel superduty yet, the '05 F-150 is the nicest truck I have ever driven. I may be biased but I truly think that the '05 F-150 is much better than the '04 chevy that my dad owns. Both trucks are loaded and I got to go with the Ford. Can't the Ford haul more anyway? While your at it why not a Lincoln Mark LT
-'11 f-550 XL 4x2 reg cab 6.7l (service truck)
-'85 F-250 4x2 "Big Bear" 300 inline 6, C-6 trans.
-'98 F-150 XLT 4x4 off road, 5.4 triton, step side
Old 03-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Senior User

IABill is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Question

OK Here is a curve ball: has there been any more talk about the V6 turbo diesel for the F-150? Don't remember where I read or heard about it but I thought there was something like that in the works......
Old 03-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Posting Guru

Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.
Me and the wife went for a short test drive Saturday. 2006 F150 Fx4 CrewCab flareside. You think the '05 is a nice ride, go cruise a '06. Sat in a -King Ranch- too. Beautiful interior if your a Texan -little to much tan leather for my tastes. Not quite as tight an interior as our Sport Trac, but very nice and roomy. Honestly, I didn't notice a difference in handling and response between our Explorer and the F150. Yeah, it's bigger, but I didn't feel it. I didn't put it through its paces though. Wife really liked driving it too (and she's only 5'2"). Could hear the motor a little more, but what would I expect going from a v6 to a v8? Sweet ride. That counterweighted tailgate is a great idea too. I'm gonna take another look in a few weeks.

Oh yeah, on the way back home, we drove past a Ridgeline and snickered!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:22 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter