Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Senior User

Hooker Bob is starting off with a positive reputation.
Grass fire

Yesterday we lost over 50 home in my area in a fire that spanned some 13 miles.
We had Firefighters from all over the state and 32 tankers mostly volenteers.
These guys are incredable they fought fires all day and night, many are still out there knocking down hot spot. We've had so many fires lately that their equipment is taxed to the limit. We had fire trucks broke down every where.
I've seen a lot of grass fires but yesterday a lot closer than I ever hope to again. I run a wrecker service so when a firetruck went down they'd call us in to get them. It looked like a scifi movie set I thought what the heck am I doing here. Huge flames just feet from my wrecker as I pulled a driveshaft out of a small grass rig. While the Hulen VFD kept it from engulfing me. Thanks again guys.
These fires had been set by 2 morons they caught one of them and the other barricaided him self in his house. They should have nail the doors and windows shut and burned it.
So many folks had their lives destroyed because of these jerks.
We had 2 Firefighters badly burned they were from the Rush Springs VFD
1 Sheriffs Deputy injured. Say a pray for these guys would you.

Pat
Old 03-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Elder User

hotrod48 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I saw some footage on the fires down there last night on the news. It looked very bad down that way and it left me shock. I have a buddy that I went to Vo-Tech with that lives down there now, so I hope he is alright too. I can't believe the things some people do these days. I'm young and don't understand it. I hope the ones injured come out if it ok.

hotrod48
Old 03-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Elder User

hotrod48 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I saw some footage on the fires down there last night on the news. It looked very bad down that way and it left me shock. I have a buddy that I went to Vo-Tech with that lives down there now, so I hope he is alright too. I can't believe the things some people do these days. I'm young and don't understand it. I hope the ones injured come out if it ok. Click the image to open in full size.

hotrod48
Old 03-02-2006, 03:20 PM