Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: UP_There

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2006, 01:22 AM
Junior User

jamnjm is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation AZ. wrecking yard......

I found this at another forum and thought I'd share it here:

This topic started on AzRx7.com. Here's a link to that topic if you want to look at it.

http://azrx7.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3231

Hidden Valley Auto Wrecking of Maricopa, Az, has moved and left all of its old school rotary powered vehicles behind. But you can't have any! Thats right, approx. thirty old schools (Rx2's, 3's, 4's Cosmos and Rotary Pick Ups)are going to the crusher. And it's not just old rotaries. there are tons of vintage import and European cars on this lot. They, until this move, were the western United State's largest salvage yard. Essencially all of the classic American cars have made the move but the imports have not been so lucky. I have talked to them numerous times and they have given me all kinds of stories.

-We don't have a list of the cars that are going to make it yet.
-The cars you're interested in are going to make the move.
-Maybe the cars will make the move.
-We've made the move but the old rotaries didn't make it.
-You can buy all the parts you want but you cant buy a car.
-You can buy a car but its $2,000 to $3,000 (depending on the day you ask).

Again we're not just talking about Mazdas. There are cars out there like the Subaru 360... a whole row of them. Fiat 500s and 850's. BMW 1602's and 2002's, Datsun 510's Datsun 1600 Roadsters, Mitsubishi Starions, MG's, Triumphs etc. I know that the domestics made it but just to give you an idea of how many of these cars we're talking about, they have a row of Corvair cars, vans and pickups that is so long that a person can not see from one end of it to the other. Az is unique. Sheet metal like this is hard to find if not nearly impossible in some cases. Hidden Valley has horded these cars for years. It's about the only place that you can find a collection fo cars like this. Thats because they have scouped them all up. Now they're going to crush them all. Something should be done.

The last I heard, we have another 6 months before the cars all get crushed. As you see though, these guys have a history of changing their minds. I'm going to post on all of the forums that I know of in an attempt to build interest in this situation. If there are not people locally that want these cars, (there are after all a lot of them) then perhaps a greater awareness of sorts will help.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
I believe the McClure family owns that yard if Im not mistaken. You can call Jason McClure at his other yard in Phoenix off of Deer Valley and get the story from him yourself. 780-8024 Desert Valley or talk to Brian his right hand man. Ive know their family for 15 or so years.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Freshman User

smokefan is starting off with a positive reputation.
I thought that the name of the guys at that yard was Hoctor. Regardless of the name, I used to live in Maricopa and those guys were a last resort because of their prices and their attitude.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
No mcClure does not own that yard. The owner sold and is moving some stuff across the street, the rest is to bwe crushed.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:40 PM