Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 PM
New User

Rugerfan is starting off with a positive reputation.
does anyone have a link to this that actually works? hoping to do a auto to manual hub conversion and wanted to review!!!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:12 PM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
Youtube is your friend.

This is a video on how to change the hubs on the 2004 and earlier trucks. If you have ESOF, just make sure you cap the vacuum lines.

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 06-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Elder User

jayft8 is a splendid one to beholdjayft8 is a splendid one to beholdjayft8 is a splendid one to beholdjayft8 is a splendid one to beholdjayft8 is a splendid one to beholdjayft8 is a splendid one to beholdjayft8 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerfan View Post
does anyone have a link to this that actually works? hoping to do a auto to manual hub conversion and wanted to review!!!!!
Step-by-step photo album with captions in my gallery, too if that can help you.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/me...all-10802.html
03 SD, 5.4 reg cab 4X4 work truck, modest mods (listed with part nos. in garage)
Old 05-29-2014, 11:10 AM
New User

kd6mlh is starting off with a positive reputation.
Warn

I just Picked up a set of Warn hubs for my 2001 f-350 Dual RW truck. I then was reading the warn web site and it said that there hubs will not work in the dual application.
Is this correct?
Have any of you installed a man hub conversion to a Dual RW truck?
Old 05-29-2014, 02:15 PM
New User

sp5937 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFR250SD View Post
Got the Mile Marker Stainless Steel Hubs installed today. These things are stout and they fit very nicely.

Install was extremely easy. A few simple tools and your done. I didn't even have time to finish a beer before they were installed.
Received my MM hubs today, and put them on my 99 F250 SD in less than 5 minutes....took that long because I accidentally put both snap rings on one side before I looked and realized I had two of the spiral-style snap rings also...so, had to remove the first one and put the correct snap ring in place. Then, put the second one on and finished up quickly.

Now I just need some new center caps so they fit flush to the hubs...anyone know what year center caps will fit flush to the MM hubs and look sweet again???

I will purchase a set if anyone has two spares...or can trade mine for them...whatever...am in Wa State...
Old 05-29-2014, 04:16 PM
New User

sp5937 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Get out in the rain / snow / mud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouse View Post
So there really is no advantage to changing... It's just personal pref's as to whether or not you trust the auto hubs & like getting out of your truck in the mud, snow etc to manually engage your hubs
How about just setting the hubs to LOCK before leaving the driveway, then IF you need 4x4 while out in the foul weather, you just simply shift into it and you do not have to get out. It certainly does not heurt anything to run with them locked. Some people LEAVE them locked all the time, tho I do not recommend it. But, when bad weather sets in, I just lock them, then no getting back out when I need it, and I just wait till I get home again to free them up, if I even do it then.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:08 PM
New User

kepw377 is starting off with a positive reputation.
changing auto hubs to manual.

for some reason I can not get the word message to copy. will some one please email me a copy . thanks kephartron@Hotmail.com
Old 11-24-2014, 10:58 PM
New User

kd6mlh is starting off with a positive reputation.
love them

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd6mlh View Post
I just Picked up a set of Warn hubs for my 2001 f-350 Dual RW truck. I then was reading the warn web site and it said that there hubs will not work in the dual application.
Is this correct?
Have any of you installed a man hub conversion to a Dual RW truck?
I finished the install/convention a few month ago, I love them! The only extra work is the on the DRW you have to pull the spacer on the front end to install the hubs. 16 nut on each side over 8 not a big deal to me.

I also used some nice brass plugs (1/4in I think) to seal the back side of the hubs and delete the vacuum input.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:58 PM