Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fellro86

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Elder User

69 and 85 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Devoured

My parts truck is pretty much gone now. The body had typical rust so I tore off the front clip and the cab. I'll be pulling out the good carpet and interior pieces. I've saved all the good parts and piling up the junk in another truck. I needed pads and rotors on my 85 and whaddya know - they were practically brand new on the parts truck. Nice spare calipers too.

The engine/tranny are losse and ready to pull.

The "Y" pipe on the 302 was a great find - looks like just light surface rust. I priced one at $90 for my 83 so I will be using this one!

I needed a sending unit but it looks like I am going to just swap tanks as this one looks better.

After this truck is gone, my shop now has shelves and concrete floor so I will be working inside - yes!

Guess I'll be looking for another parts truck when this mess is gone!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Senior User

BigBear1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 and 85
My parts truck is pretty much gone now. The body had typical rust so I tore off the front clip and the cab.
Guess I'll be looking for another parts truck when this mess is gone!
Rust free parts trucks are hard to find belive me Iv'e been looking for one for an 80-86 for a while now. Most rust free 80-86 Fords Iv'e found are selling for way too much, I mean way over $3000 Iv'e even seen some for sale for more than $6000. I really don't want to spend that much on a "parts" truck. Good Luck!
-'11 f-550 XL 4x2 reg cab 6.7l (service truck)
-'85 F-250 4x2 "Big Bear" 300 inline 6, C-6 trans.
-'98 F-150 XLT 4x4 off road, 5.4 triton, step side
Old 03-17-2006, 10:05 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter