Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Elder User

evilbeast is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs down The Beast Is No More

THE BEAST HAS DIED!!!!!!!!!!!! Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size. i burned up the motor sunday. cracked a piston, oil pump, cam bearings, main bearings, and if nothing goes right, it will also need a cam, and heads. the cam bearings went first, ans lost the oil pressure, but the guage didnt show me that, then it siezed the #2 piston and broke part of the ring seat off, and beat it up against the bottom of the head. the head might be saveable, and the cam might still be good. the crank, rods, and block are intact. the intake, and carb are fine as well. the cheapest i am lookin at is close to $1000, but that is also with a .010 overbore, and machine work on the heads, new set of pistons, rings, bearings, and oil pump. and that should about do it. sucks dont it guys?!?Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Postmaster

70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of
Click the image to open in full size.I really hate hearing that. I hope you can get her ressurected real soon. Who knows maybe your next engine may be even more powerful. If you wind up needing another core to build from Pm or call me I can sometimes find things like that. I have settled in to my old house finally and the overtime at work has slowed so I got a little more time on my hands. After you have everything unhooked if you need use of the hoist for a day I will try to get down there. The hoist is sorta mudlocked in my backyard at the moment but my cousin is supposed to be by with his fourwheeler saturday to help me move things around the yard. I think you have my contact info but if you dont pm me for it.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Elder User

dont sweat it man, already got the motor out, and at a machine shop, the motor is already down to the block, and nothin else is hurt that i am aware of, and if i have to replace the cam, i found one that will move the power band further down, and will give me more than 100 more ft-lb of tourqu at idle!! but i am hopin tha ti dont have to replace that cam, that is another $500 but i do apreciate the help, i have a nother truck, the infamous mystery truck. the chevy 1500, at the moment i am drivin the adopted dads 97 ram w a cummins in it, so atleast it has some *** to it, aside from all the others, no offence ramminator!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Posting Guru

old87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad ya got a head start on that, but dang- hate to hear it.
See, ya shoulda let me steal it early on. Hope to see ya soon!!

LED ZEP
Old 02-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Postmaster

70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of70blue has much to be proud of
I am glad you are already getting things worked out. Just wish it did not have to cost so much money.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:34 AM
Postmaster

3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Dang, hate to hear that Evil - i can hear Big D now when i tell him, i'll be sure to followup with you are building it back!!
IT'S BETTER TOPLESS(Broads, Broncos, and Booze)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeast
you people scare me sometimes!!
"...sailors who drank beer escaped the curse of scurvy..."
Old 03-01-2006, 06:48 AM
Senior User

4xcrazy is starting off with a positive reputation.
hate to hear it evil
Old 03-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Senior User

mudflaps87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When the beast is back to its bad self I think a trip north is in order.

The weather will be warming up as the months go by.......and you know how purty the scenery can be up this way!!!!!

Saturday lunch at Gyro's............
Old 03-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Postmaster

3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.3broncocrazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Oh yeah, i wantna join in......

Quote:
Old 03-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Posting Guru

old87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
MMM-- Gyro's.......yes ma'am!!!!

LED ZEP
Old 03-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Postmaster

my mouth is drippin justa thinkin about it.....

Quote:
Old 03-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Postmaster

Hey Evil Hows the engine coming along.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Elder User

just waitin on parts, that is all that i have to wait for, then she will be back to beatin up on the ricers!
Old 04-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Elder User

oh, and by the way, we have the final torque specs on the motor, it is gonna be pushin 485hp @ 5000rpm, and 630lb/ft torque @ 3250rpm, that is quite a jump from the old numbers of 500 & 505 @ more than 4000rpm for each
Old 04-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Postmaster

Torque is the important factor and that is an impressive amount of torque.Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by 70blue; 04-16-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter