Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Elder User

felixr is starting off with a positive reputation.
effrod
Gas Leak under hood next to battery

You know that canister thingy next to the battery? I forget what its called. . .well im workin on puttin a set of map lights and im under the hood disconnecting the battery and i hear this gurgling or bubbling and a leaking. and i smell gas. im feeling around and one of the lines coming into the canister thingy from behind the engine(i followed it visually) and right next to the fram is covered in what smells like gas mixed with water.

i did not start the truck at all but did put the key to start or run or whatever a few times. and had connected and disconnected the battery a few times if that helps.

what the heck is goin on? thanks guys

btw: i'd say it leaked for about 20-30 seconds and dropped not enough to where it created a puddle but just like a wet mark. . you know, like when you spill oil and clean it up it leaves an impression in the concrete. . . like that. and only within the area of about 10 inches in dia.

Last edited by felixr; 02-27-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Elder User

effrod
33 views and not a single comment?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Elder User

LoosMaster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, the thingy you're talking about is the fuel vapor canister. As to why you have fuel and water puddling, I'm not sure unless you have a hole in the line near the area that may be sucking air and causing the noise. I've looked at this thread 3 times and have no idea, sorry.
ZF S-42 5 Spd
2.73 w/31" Tires

'92 Ford F150 XLT
Extended Cab 2WD
5.0L EFI
Auto(E4OD)
Old 03-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Elder User

effrod
lol, thanks for trying and responding.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:16 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks