Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pennsylvania Chapter

How come no PA chapter.......

Old 02-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Beets
New User
I don't know

I'm a real new member so I don't know what went on before my time, but there does seem to be a solid intrest in a Pa. get together. Our state has always been separated either east, or west somehow, so maybe a split first to-do would be an ice breaker of sorts. If succesful, perhaps a full contact get-together could happen. Nuthin' to tough, a nutral place (State Park?) say Lands End in the East, and something central in the west, on a weekend convienient to the most folks. Bring your own Ford, food and fun to spread around, and see what happens. Just an opening salvo to get the range--what say you??----Beets

Old 02-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
It takes a dedicated group of people to initiate the creation of a Chapter and and even higher number of dedicated group of people to keep it going,

It seems it hasn't been much of a concern to get one going

You should be able to a thread on this forum for getting a chapter created.

It's there somewhere,

EDIT:

Maybe check the *Read First* thread posted above this one

Old 02-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Beets
New User
Face time for Fordies

How do Mil 1ion? Thanks for the comeback. I don't think anyone has starting a chapter in mind as a high priority. That must be as hard to start as my '61 dodge Senica was on a rainy day. It seems to me that the sheer fun, exitement, anticipation---bla,bla,bla of getting some face time with the Fordies is the thing. Hell a Saturday meeting your old pen-pals seems preferable to one of them "Family Re-unions" that are endured anually. I mean really---don't bring your own spouse if you don't want to, what do we care-don't worry-be happy, the only thing I want to judge is how much I wish I had wheels like yours. The real truth is--if something like that is supposed to happen it will. I'm geared-up, I love these somewhat impromptu things, they usually work great---the first time. Beets

Old 02-27-2006, 05:49 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
yea,

the whole east-west thing drives me nuts......i live 3 miles away from Maple Grove Raceway....where the Keystone Nationals are raced every year.......so, i'm defidently in the east but people out yonder in the western part of PA still live in PA.......I think a east-west chapter would be ok to start but defidently have a statewide chapter as soon as it seams it will work or you create more animosity for those people that live in th east and dont like the west or vis-a-versa.......so, i guess lets see what kind of response we see for the interest of a PA chapter

Old 02-27-2006, 08:33 AM
DonsFx4
Elder User
A lot of PA folks have checked in at the Mid-Atlantic forum:

<a href="https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-428355-Anyone%20in%20PA%3F">Anyone in PA?</a>

There's curiosity about a PA chapter, but no real commitment yet.

I'm in Delaware County (PA-East!) and would like a Saturday or Sunday GTG, maybe even in Central PA (like State College or Lewisburg). Depending on how many show up, we could judge the interest in creating a more formal group. (I'm suggesting central PA to prevent widening the existing chasm between East and West ) There's also a truck meet in Bloomsburg but I'm not sure of the date:

<a href="https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-460744-Bloomsburg%20Truck%20Jamboree">Bloomsburg Truck Jamboree</a>

OR, how's about May '06?? Weather is nice by then, and nobody's tied up with summer vacation plans yet.

NOTE: Should probably take this to the Mid-Atlantic forum, instead of cluttering up the General Chapter.

But the FIRST thing everybody should do is shell out the $16 and become a supporter of FTE!!

Last edited by DonsFx4; 02-27-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:58 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
ok, move to mid atlantic forum......

Old 02-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Having a group of regional members within a chapter is encouraged.

Who kows with say 8 regions of a state one day they could all get together for a state meet.

The important thing is, the chapter needs a core group (chapter excutive) to Run the chapter

Old 02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Guy's Dennis has alot of good ideas

the only thing I have to add is that it takes interest and activity for a chapter to be created from new and older members alike.

Please feel free to let me know if you need any help and are ready for this to happen, FTE loves active growth.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:49 PM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

PA chapter discussion has been increasing lately in the mid-atlantic forum

Old 06-08-2006, 11:52 PM
soondg
Postmaster
There has been a pick up in discussion in the mid-atlantic chapter under the thread Pa general discussion. We can use this thread until our chapter becomes official. As for sub chapters, we are all from Pa so we can belong to the pa chapter and have gtg's at central locations, regional guys will probably hook up with others close to them anyway for informal gtg's. Bloomsburg would be a great place for us to meet officially and get our organization under way. Post on the thread mentioned above and we'll arrange a way for us to meet when we get there. Hey Beets haven't heard from you in a while. 96 your close to me so we can arrange an informal locally.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:56 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Ray,
We are ready for this to happen now, your tutulage would be greatly appreciated, if you still have my cell number call me so we can get the ball rolling, if not e-mail me. There are enough people who have said yeh to being included in the chapter.
Thanks
Joe

Old 06-09-2006, 06:03 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
Hey all,

So, were back to the thread i started a while ago......cool, were on a roll now.....now we just need to start recruiting members so we can get this thing big

Old 06-11-2006, 05:32 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Hey 88,
Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet at the Smoke and Thunder Nationals, i did meet up with 96P_Stroke4x4 (Matt) there. It was a nice time even though the
Ford guys didn't take first(those darn other brand truck guys), Matt took a lot of good pics of the action, looking forward to him posting them.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:33 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
hey man....yea, my bad....my buddy is home from Iraq and he had a bash at his house so i was out there......didn't have my phone on me or i would have answered it....yea, the buck is a good time.....i've been there many times and they usually put on a good show....i was there one time when they had motorcycle distruction derby....that was INSANE to see....next time for sure....yea, one of these time we all gotta get together and meet up somewhere at a car show or something.....anyway, take it easy....talk to you guys soon....

later on

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania Chapter