Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
G2G (Get 2 Gether) for NY Chapter

tberry and I have been talking and we felt it was time we start getting together across the NY Chapter. We realize it is a big state and not everyone is going to be able to make it to some due to location, but we figure we need to start.

So with that being said who is up for a G2G and where are some locations that we can have them? tberry is located in Binghamton which is in the middle of the state as one option.

So post up and let us know who is interested and where you would like to have a G2G.

Darren
Old 02-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Elder User

bterry is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll work on it where ever it might be. It would be good to get an idea of where you all (that might come) are from and pick a spot relatively convient to all. Ronin's from somewhere out west, so maybe Letchworth area so far?
87-F350 460-4x4 SRW, gone
84-F150 300-4x4, gone
Old 02-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
I'm located in Almond which is near Alfred University and Alfred State College. Kind of between Wellsville and Hornell if any one is familar with those towns. It puts me about an hour away from Letchworth State Park. That is a possibility for a G2G along with Binghamton. What else do people have in mind??

I am kind of envisioning scheduling G2G across the state so that we can start getting people together and grow the chapter. Possibly they can be scheduled around other events that people would like to attend. For example, I spend a lot of time in the Watkins Glen area due to the races and friends there. I also do wheeling events with a couple of different clubs in western NY. I can get those dates and events posted up but would like to see what others have in mind.

Darren
Old 02-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
The Glen is always good, that's only 18 miles from Trumansburg. Also Binghampton area. When I was coaching Cross Country it seems we were always going to Alfred-Almond for the Sectional meets. Be back in NY by end of May. George
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 02-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Posting Guru

George - great to hear from you!! Let me know what events you like to attend and what you would like to see for G2G's. I was even thinking that some simple tailgate parties would be quick and easy to setup and do on a moments notice just to get people to meet each other in person. We have so many beautiful places in NY state from Lake George to Bemus Point, but that causes the problem in over 7 hours of driving one way for some people. That is sort of why I am leaning towards doing several G2G's across the state just to get people to meet and start growing the chapter. I am not expecting everyone to attend each one, but just meet up. Those are just some of my thoughts that bterry and I discussed and would like to see what others think. So post up your thoughts everyone!!!

Darren
Old 02-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
We are trying regional meets in VA, but most of the action is over towards Virginia Beach. LI seems to be pretty active in NY. Regionals are a good idea.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 02-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Posting Guru

The regional G2G's is what I am thinking about to get things started. Any of us could have one. JD tried to get some things going on LI without much luck last year. We talked last night and he is up to trying again. I think we just need to do G2G's and try to grow the attendance and membership.

Probably the more immediate issue is the lack of people registered, viewing, and posting in the NY forum. It is pretty telling when our Chapter Leader needs our help with her PC and there have only been 8 people who have viewed it so far. Without people viewing the forum how can we get the word out when we do have a G2G or some other event?? So I guess to start with we have to get people back to the forum and make sure that they are setup for notification of new posts.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Elder User

ozzy460 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
alright i'm back. i'm up for something. i'm in the binghamton norwich area. be interested in something but how far depends on whether i drive one of my trucks or rollback it. ozzy

2001 f350 dually w 05 6.0 powerstroke
1977 f150 4x4 lifted w 429 c6
1965 f350 4x4 napco
1966 f250 300 3 speed w overdrive
Old 02-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Elder User

Jdenninger is starting off with a positive reputation.
glad tosee ya back oz, ronin007 is gonna try to get something together up in your direction. keep watching the board and if you can subscirbe to the chapter to keep up to date on new and updated posting. this can be done by going back to the chapter forum and clicking on the Forum tools and then on subscribe to this forum and set the setting to once daily

thanks
NY Chapter Member
Old 03-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Senior User

Bill_T has a good reputation on FTE.Bill_T has a good reputation on FTE.
Hi all

I saw the posting about the lack of repsonses so decided to speak up.. I am in Rochester so Letchworth sounded like a great idea.....

Bill
Prodigy Controller
Limo Tint/silver stars
Goodyear Silent Armor - Pro Grade (E)
Old 03-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Posting Guru

Hi Bill!! We will have to see about hooking up. I go to Rochester every now and then. Even it if it turns out to be the two of us just to say hi and check out the trucks. Ozzy great to hear from you too!! It looks like you are working on a project again. Cool!!

Hope no one took me wrong when I was saying lacking of posting and viewing. What I meant was when you look at the amount of posting and the number of people that viewed threads in the NY Chapter they are very low. We need people viewing, and as JD mentioned in his post, subscribed for daily updates on new and existing posts. That will be the quickest way to get the word out when we do G2G.

I have been asking people that are from NY to come to this forum when I see them post in other forums. I either post a line in the thread or PM them. I am in the Super Duty and V10 forums a lot due to that is what I have for a truck. If everyone could help in doing that we can get the word out to others in other forums too. Thanks everyone for helping and hope we can schedule some G2G's that we can meet some fellow FTE members!!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Senior User

John Pen is starting off with a positive reputation.
North of Niagara Falls here..so Letchworth would be good for me...Theres a place about 20 min from Letchworth that does of road stuff...

Edited by FTE.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Senior User

Bill_T has a good reputation on FTE.Bill_T has a good reputation on FTE.
Ronin

no offense taken with your comments about lack of posting.. all your post did was stir up my conscientious a bit lol Must be an Irish/catholic thing...

I like this forum alot, and I love my truck.. so you insprired me to speak up... hopefully others will follow suit..

To others...
you dont need to a serious motor-head of off-roader to play guys.. I am neither of those things but like sharing information and ideas with others...

Anyone else like me that wants to get together? If nothing else, you get a chance to show off your shiny truck to others who really appreciate it!! lol

Bill

PS does anyone else's spouse think you spend more time on the truck than you do helping with laundry, dishes and small jobs in the house? lol <of course this is more true in mild weather...>
Prodigy Controller
Limo Tint/silver stars
Goodyear Silent Armor - Pro Grade (E)
Old 03-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Senior User

John Pen is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can we show off our rusty trucks to others too ? lol

Im in for a gtg...

Edited by FTE.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Posting Guru

Bill - glad you took it right way as I wouldn't want to offend anyone. Just trying to get the word out so we can start doing some G2G's. I agree with you in that people don't have to be a motor head or off roader to go to a G2G. It is just to meet people that happen to share a common interest in their trucks. And don't get me started on the spouse thing!!! OMG!!! The wife gave me a hard time when I use to race cars. Sold them all to buy our house. She realized I needed a hobby so allowed me to go back to wheeling my Range Rover as she could go along too. Now she has taken my Range Rover as her vehicle and does not want me to modify it anymore!!!! I can't win.

John - got your PM. I will have to check out those places. Hopefully I can still wheel this year, but I am Roverless. The SD is too nice to wheel and is not setup for wheeling at all. And yes by all means bring a rusty truck to show as I am into all vehicles!! Especially now that I will have to looking for a beater to wheel!!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:33 PM