Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2006, 01:44 PM
New User

TitanMan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tug of War...F150 vs Titan!

Two great trucks, traction to the Titan.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...C9566AA901.htm
Old 02-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Senior User

77F-150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That looks like a 2wd Ford while the other Jap Truck was a 4wd, unfair advantage to me, also the titan had some aftermarket brand of tires on it. Hook it up to my truck and i'll tow it all the way back to Japan!!
Old 02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
New User

Actually they are both 2 wheel drives in stock form (no special tires, you can do better than that), both trucks are owned by the same guy. This isn't rocket science here, traction is king and the Titan in this event had more. The unfair advantage is the Jap Tuck has much more power and towing capacity, it's science (a quote from Ron Burgundy if you will).
Old 02-24-2006, 03:00 PM
New User

Titan1080 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77F-150
That looks like a 2wd Ford while the other Jap Truck was a 4wd, unfair advantage to me, also the titan had some aftermarket brand of tires on it. Hook it up to my truck and i'll tow it all the way back to Japan!!
You could be a little more polite and refrain from using the "Jap" slur. Besides, our trucks are made in the US by US workers, they've never been to Japan.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Yes we do not use that word...thanks.

And for Titan 1089 and Titan Man ..WHY ARE YOU HERE in a Ford site....make it a good one~
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 02-24-2006, 03:13 PM
New User

Information of course, it's the web.

I'm going through the lightning posts, been looking at Fords new Saleen truck. I posted this because it looked to be the proper area. I have another one of a Bronco II pulling a Dodge Ram if it would be more appropriate.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Then keep it nice and clean......enjoy Fords.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Junior User

AD1995 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks like someone didn't know how to drive their truck. That Truck was burning rubber before the Titan started moving. Once the tires start spining you don't have to have much pulling power to pull it. Cool video though it almost got me until I watched it several times. From the start of the video the F150 tires are spining and the Titan was standing still. Buy the way the a true test of pulling power would be to use slids up a hill.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Post Fiend

ford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to all
why did it look like the the nissan was 4x4?? seems you can see the bottom of the front diff in the video.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:54 PM
New User

I did notice he started spinning first, here's the Bronco one it's pretty funny.

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...C86A60241A.htm
Old 02-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Postmaster

seventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to all
Agreed, pulling each other around isn't a really objective way to test the trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklnhyd View Post
Holy hell, its not even 9am and you folks are gonna drive me to drink....
Old 02-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Post Fiend

ford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to all
[quote=TitanMan]I did notice he started spinning first, here's the Bronco one it's pretty funny.[quote=TitanMan]

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/4/495AF218-71D9-4CEF-A45A-28C86A60241A.htm[/QUOTE]

i will say that is a pretty funny video! just keep it clean and you can hang out here as long as you like.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:59 PM
New User

Thanks.

Yes, this is not a way to compare but it is a way to confirm what we already know. There are plenty of people running around out there with little sense.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Site Administrator

Quote:
There are plenty of people running around out there with little sense.
Driving Fords and Chevy’s and Dodges and Toyotas…and one Ferrari......

Old 02-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Senior User

77F-150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1080
You could be a little more polite and refrain from using the "Jap" slur. Besides, our trucks are made in the US by US workers, they've never been to Japan.
Excuse the attitude but im not a big fan of Nissan, especailly nissan guys talking like there truck can pull. I just had enough with that crap.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition

Tags
04, 1500, 2005, 97, bronco, dodge, f150, ford, nissan, ntb04066c, p1289, silverado, titan, tug, war