Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Tug of War...F150 vs Titan!

Old 02-25-2006, 11:20 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jimbo beam
ihavent they already slashed production of your "fine" titans and armadas? cant wait untill they go the way of the datsun, just another phase in the weak modern automotive times.
Nissan was Datsun...
Originally Posted by cantwegetalong?
A DOHC truck of this type has never been made before
Check out my gallery if you would like. I own a truck that was first released in 2002 that has a DOHC V8... It happens to go a bit faster than a Titan too

Old 02-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Galizien
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bronocIInoob
Of course the v8 has more power. The thing thats so amazing is that an outdated 2.9 v6 engine from the 80's pulled back a 2000 or newer V8 full size truck. period. Yeh there had to some advantage on the broncos side to win, but thats not the piont. The bronco won, which is funny, dosent mean it has more power. And its no reason to get mad about. Also, i did notice the bronco kept pulling the ram when the ram locked up its breaks to try and do what the bronco did, however when the bronco locked its breaks the ram stoped and brunt out. I thinnk i no why...the bronco didnt have enough power to burn out with the other truck pulling down on its bumper but enough to pull the truck. lol
I dunno what you find so fascinating about the video..

Like I said it means absolutley nothing. Dont fool yourself, there is almost nothing an old bronco II has over a brand new Ram. The tug of war was a fluke, the scenario could have been recreated with a VW passat if the circumstances were the same. The ram will easily out pull the bronco any day of the week no matter how you slice it. So claiming some kind of hollow victory is silly.

A real test would be a tractor pull. That would actually show real differences between the pulling power of the trucks.

Last edited by Galizien; 02-25-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:24 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
The video was linked here to start a war...only reason!

Old 02-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Galizien
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
The video was linked here to start a war...only reason!
There is no war going on, just a friendly discussion.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:53 AM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=BigF350]Nissan was Datsun...

i know that.

i stated i cant wait untill they go the way of the datsun... meaning i cant wait untill they simply die off and end another wave of nissan junk.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:18 PM
bronocIInoob
Senior User
im not fooling myself, but dont you find it amazing that it won, thats my only piont. Of course you have to go and say the bronco II has nothing on that ram, like that wasnt already obvious. The piont is, it won weather the person behind the wheel of the ram was an idot or not. I personaly dont see how you could mess up with such a big truck tied to such a weak one, but i guess he found a way. What im saying is i personaly didnt think it would have a chance weather or not that person Admin note: see our guidelines about language but i guess i was wrong. Its only a person like you who would go out of his way to actually state the obvious fact that the ram had more power and better towing abiblty. Oh yeh and before you say this as well, yes the ram is worth alot more too and is a better truck for hauling sh-it. There was no way in hell i actually would think that the bronco had more towing abitly then the ram is a capable of. But i do think theres advantages of the bronco II that the ram would be incapable of...such as going off road for example, or going over 3 miles on a gallon of gas. So there are things the bronco "has on" the ram...it all depends what your looking for in the truck.

Last edited by IB Tim; 02-26-2006 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Remove ****ed up
Old 02-26-2006, 06:38 PM
bronocIInoob
Senior User
Also, i dont know why the ram couldnt pull the bronco with it brakes locked....hmmm i guess the ram isnt what its cracked up to be. I dunno if its a really good hualing truck if it cant pull a 2/3's of a ton of dead weight wihtout spining the tires. (again no where dose it say here that the bronco is better then the ram, get that straight)

Old 02-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Al Bundy
Senior User
i guess the f-150 is not a good hauling truck either because it couldn't pull the titan? nope i don't think so.

Last edited by IB Tim; 02-26-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Miramichi_hockey
Senior User
I dont think the 4.2L was ever really considered a good hauling truck. I would have been surprised if the V8 toyota didnt win!

Old 02-26-2006, 07:34 PM
bronocIInoob
Senior User
im sorry, i just asumed a ram would be able to pull a light suv with its brakes locked from a stand with out problem thats all. More like the ram pulling dead weight from a syand still, against a f-150 with no traction getting pulled back with a truck that dose have traction. A slight difference. Ultimately, the vehicle with the less power aplied at the wheels will have greater traction.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Galizien
Senior User
***"I personaly dont see how you could mess up with such a big truck tied to such a weak one, but i guess he found a way. What im saying
is i personaly didnt think it would have a chance weather or not that person Admin note: see our guidelines about language but i
guess i was wrong. Its only a person like you who would go out of his way to actually state the obvious fact that the ram had
more power and better towing abiblty."***

Did I hit a nerve? -- I can see the Ram loosing.. but then again I can see how the tug of war is the most useless method of testing
trucks ever brought forth. I guess I can see how physics prove that the tug of war is useless, thus there is no suprise when a bronco II
pulls a Ram, or how any vehicle with enough gearing and minimal torque can pull a 5000# load that has no resistance from spinning drive
wheels on pavement.

Wrap your head around this for a second. take two trucks, one has 500 ft lbs, the other has 250.. they are connected to a track that
allows them 100% direct traction (ZERO burnout, no traction loss.) Start the tug of war, and neither will pull the other. It would take
an incredible amount of power to actually pull the 250 ft lbs torque drivetrain in reverse. Way more than the truck with 500 ft lbs. Instead
what will happen, the trucks will sit at a stand still grunting. UNLESS you do not have that imaginary fantasy track the trucks are sitting on.
Put regular tires on pavement and now the trucks will no longer stand still cancelling out there power, Rather its now about who looses
traction first. once traction is lost by either vehicle, the opposing vehicle now only needs minimal power to pull the near frictionless
tire spinning vehicle. NOT TO MENTION, once traction is lost, and the 'losing' vehicle is now moving backwards, there is no chance in hell it will ever gain traction again, ONLY way is if the pulling vehicle stops momentum and stands still again.

And dont worry, the Ram *Could have easily* have pulled the bronco dead weight with brakes locked if it had really tried or givin an
appropriate start and preperation. I watched my stepfather use his 1/2 ton 1991 4x4 Silverado sport with an old 5.7L putting out no more
than 250 horse and 300 ft lbs torque pull an empty 12000 pound Ryder moving truck (big 24' international diesel) that was parked in
the entrance of his gas station/auto garage (out of spite) blocking customers from access. The truck had no keys, with its parking brake on. Knowing the truck HAD to be moved NOW and not in 2 hours... The silverado was in 4x4 and pulled the entire 12k dead weight 20 foot, the Ryder trucks duallie wheels boucing on the ground.

To put it straight forward, that silverado had WAY less towing capacity than a brand new hemi Dodge. The only way the silverado pulled the
12k truck was because it had insanely oversized wide tires that were only 32 or 33inch tall.

***"Also, i dont know why the ram couldnt pull the bronco with it brakes locked....hmmm i guess the ram isnt what its cracked up to be. "***

See above. you are wrong.

BTW, looks like neither tug of wars used 4x4. The fact is you are rarely going to be able to pull that much locked up weight in 4x2.
when has anyone been able to pull large a tree stump out of the ground in 2wd? never heard of it. Throw it in 4x4 and you will work
wonders. That Bronco would not have been able to pull the ram if it had locked brakes. The bronco would have immediatly lost traction.

Its all physics man. No need to get your panties in a twist.

The only reason I decided to defend the Ram as "rudely" as you may *think* (not trying to be, sorry) was this comment from you which IMO was
absolutely silly:

***"Can you repost the bronco II one it dosent seem to find the site when i click on it. Is the bronco II stock? If it is and pull a dodge
i think i have some braging rights sence i own one lmao"***

Last edited by Galizien; 02-26-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:03 PM
bronocIInoob
Senior User
Ok, 1st off that last comment was a joke, hence the "lmao" at the end. I dont know about you, but when im serious about somthing i dont end it with me laughing. Again, sence you dont see my piont in any off these posts i mak i will say it one last time. I didnt think there was any way to lose a tug of war using a ram and pulling a bronco II. No matter how bad a tug of war is a comparison. And THAT is why i found it amazing, again no where did i say the bronco II has more towing abilty then the ram.

"and dont worry, the Ram *Could have easily* have pulled the bronco dead weight with brakes locked if it had really tried or givin an
appropriate start and preperation."

Im sorry, i dont know how better you could prepare other then hitting the gas....maybe wishing your self luck??? They stoped at which piont the ram hit the gas while the bronco was at a stand still where they guy hit the gas adding to the pedal until the tire spun. the ram couldnt pull the bronco II with the breaks locked in 2wd period. End of story. 4wd is entirely different. Perhaps that truck wasnt 4wd, i guess its towing abilty ends at parked bronco.

And yet you keep acting like im saying the bronco II is better then the ram, when i really dont know where you got that though. Maybe i did act as if i was doing so.

Again, becuase now that im not sure weather or not you mis-understand me after the 4th time i say it.....
I, with others thought it was amazing becuase the guy, who was clearing trying to pull the bronco II failed to do so in a dodge ram. Yes, it is mainly becuase the guy messed up , i didnt know that with such a big truck pulling such a small you that you could mess up so you do lose. I figured youd just hit the gas and go like the bronco II wasnt even there. I didnt think the bronco II would make its tires even lose grip. Im surprised, but im saying that the bronco could now actualy out pull the ram.

Perhaps your the one getting there panties ina twist, i didnt know somone would actually get pissed at a 15yr old bragging about his first car....oh well

Old 02-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Galizien
Senior User
I don't know what to say.

I simply gave you an explanation on the hows and whys to your question:

"I didnt think there was any way to lose a tug of war using a ram and pulling a bronco II. No matter how bad a tug of war is a comparison."

I did not assume you think the bronco was infact better, rather if you actually read my post, all I did for the entire post was simply spell out the physics on WHY it is infact possible for anything to pull anything else in a tug of war competition. To a point the tug of war is useless for automobiles.

I simply... educated you on the process... comprende amigo?

Education is a marvelous thing. You are 15, I hope in your upcomming years you pay attention in physics class, its a great course! and you can learn that the impossible is in fact possible with the right conditions.

PS:

"Im sorry, i dont know how better you could prepare other then hitting the gas....maybe wishing your self luck??? They stoped at which piont the ram hit the gas while the bronco was at a stand still where they guy hit the gas adding to the pedal until the tire spun. the ram couldnt pull the bronco II with the breaks locked in 2wd period. End of story. 4wd is entirely different. Perhaps that truck wasnt 4wd, i guess its towing abilty ends at parked bronco."

Please... Re read what I said and try to absorb it. The same logic applies. Does a train just "mash the gas and forget about it?" No, you cannot do this with any load of signifigant weight. *Again* you will only lose your incredibly important =traction= condition and you will not be pulling anything.

Just like drag racers. When the power of the vehicle reaches a point, they must start battling the traction factor. SInce full throttle is not an option, rather a requirement, they must compensate with added methods of keeping the wheels planted to the ground.

This is the same phenom with pulling bails of hay, or tug of war with broncos.

Last edited by Galizien; 02-26-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:39 PM
rangerfan
Posting Guru
Titan man. I agree with you when you say that they are made in America by Amercan's. But if you think that the money stays over here you are dead wrong.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Al Bundy
Senior User
Why is it war brings up the economy? Because the government spends money, thus employing people. People then in turn spend more and creates a cash flow cycle. Would you rather the U.S. have a lower GNP?

People like me buy whatever is the best to me no matter where it came from. Thats why I have japanese electronics, american tools, american truck, and a german car. If you go fishing and have a shimano spool on your fishing rod, does that mean you are not supporting your nation?

Last edited by IB Tim; 02-27-2006 at 06:03 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tug of War...F150 vs Titan!