Announcing the formation of the Northern Virginia Car Club Council

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:03 PM
bluesky636
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Announcing the formation of the Northern Virginia Car Club Council

Kerry Sponseller/President, Custom Cruisers of Northern Virginia, and I are investigating the interest in forming the Northern Virginia Car Club Council consisting of member car clubs from around the Northern Virginia area. As you know, there has been a great deal of activity in the Virginia House of Delegates regarding changes in the laws that affect antique/classic/collector car owners. Most notorious was HB 288, which would have severely restricted the use and enjoyment of our cars, while having little impact on the illegal use of antique motor vehicle plates. Fortunately, due to an extensive letter writing, e-mail, and phone call campaign mounted by car enthusiasts around the Commonwealth, HB 288 died a quick death in committee. However, it will be back next year. Therefore, we must be prepared to fight it and similar bills with renewed vigor. The best way to do this is by presenting a united front. The best way to do that is by the formation of the Northern Virginia Car Club Council that will speak for the clubs in this area.

As you may know, there are currently four car club councils in the Commonwealth. They are:
1. The Car Club Council of Central Virginia (www.carclubcouncil.org/)
2. The Car Club Council of Hampton Roads (www.carclubcouncil.info/)
3. The Virginia Peninsula Car Club Council (www.vpccc.org/)
4. The Southwest Virginia Car Council

These four councils work together under the Virginia Association of Car Councils (www.vaacc.org/ ).

In order to provide coverage across the entire Commonwealth, Kerry and I believe that a council created and backed by the car clubs of the Northern Virginia area is a vital necessity. The formation of such a Council will help all member clubs in the enjoyment of our chosen hobby, improve communications between member clubs, and provide a united voice on measures that affect our hobby.

In order to begin the process of forming a Council, Kerry and I have met with several members of the various Virginia Car Club Councils to seek their aid and advice in forming the Northern Virginia Car Club Council. We would now like to invite you, and your club to help us in forming this Council. If you are interested in participating in this historic event, please contact me, Bill Haegele at bluesky636@verizon.net. I have also registered www.novaccc.org as our website. I plan to start building the new site in the next week or so, and all information about the council will be posted there.

Thank you for your time. We hope to hear from you in the very near future as we move forward in forming this long overdue Council

Sincerely

Bill Haegele

Legislative Watch Coordinator
Custom Cruisers of Northern Virginia
www.customcruisersnova.org