Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Senior User

SpectreZ91 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Registering out of state 78 F150

Well I know in California if your vehicle is a 1975 or older you don't have to smog it.. I just bought a 1978 F150 SuperCab.. I was told it does not have any smog equipment on it.. (being it's an out of state truck) I crawled under it and sure enough there are no cats.. I haven't lifted the hood yet. (I just got it yesterday)

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows of any way I can do to get this thing registered.. I have a feeling I'll have to buy all the smog parts, but if there are any loopholes that I don't know about let me know..
Old 02-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Freshman User

Teagar is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 1976 out of state truck and I am in the same situation.
There are some recent posts in the North California chapter about this. If your truck is a out of state truck it needs to be smogged to federal standards. If they run the numbers on the truck and it is a california truck you are in for a headache.

I believe it is the DSO number in the right hand corner bottom of the tag on the door that tells this. I could be mistaken though on this. If you get the number I can tell you what district if origianally was shipped to.

There is alot of back posts in both the southern and northern california forums about this subject. I know it is a pain but I read through hundred of back posts finding info on this subject. That is what I would reccomend though.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Senior User

SpectreZ91 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've already ran the Vin.. It was built and sold in Kansas and I am the 3rd owner.. I know it's 49 state truck..
Old 02-26-2006, 02:57 PM