Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Offroad & 4x4
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Offroad & 4x4 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Senior User

f-150_38.5s is starting off with a positive reputation.
Manul hubs to replace my auto hubs?

Anybody know if Mile Marker or any of the other companys make manul hubs to replace my stock auto hubs? I've heard that by doing this you'll get better MPG...any truth to this? Some guys were also telling me that it's stronger off road wise. My truck is a 1993 F-150 4x4. I like just shifting 4x4 on the go but I guess for better MPG I could stop and turn my hubs on.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Post Fiend

fishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to all
omg search!

the gas you save going to manuals will be so minuscule you wopnt notice it

autos just plain suck and if you too lazy to get out and lock in some hubs you dont need 4x4. manuals are much stronger

warn, milemarker, superwinch, and a few others make manual hubs... gues yoiu'd know that if you searched!

-cutts-
Old 02-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Junior User

cw95bronc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Auto locking hubs

Thru my experience on this web, several people will flame nubies in a hurry over repeated questions. I will not and hopefully this will help. I have a 95 bronc that had auto hubs 3 bolt cover on hubs. the jack a$$ mech that did my bearings the last time put more grease in the auto mechanism than on the bearings. End result was exploding both hubs in a mud hole in route to the duck hunting hole. I installed the warn premiums hubs. Took me a couple of days to figure everything out but now there will be no doubt that they will work. Sure it may suck having to get out of the comfy truck but it is a lot worse having your dad and brother phisycally push you out and driving home 10 miles at 15mph. my .02$. I would be glad to give you a list of what i needed/used. This thing was manufactured in June of 05. That did make a difference in parts. Go manual hubs its worth it regardless of brand, by the way I have push button 4x4. Good luck!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Elder User

s8whiskey is starting off with a positive reputation.
On the gas mileage thing. Your hubs would have to be going out. Like mine where. Mine were just putting alot of load on the truck I gained 2 mpg on it. If youa re in dier need of hubs you cna get them at your local shops bu if you can wait order them online and you save some money. Manuals will last alot longer then the autos. If you are really lazy you can leave it locked in and just keep the transfer case in 2H
Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Post Fiend

fishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to allfishmanndotcom is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw95bronc
Thru my experience on this web, several people will flame nubies in a hurry over repeated questions
if you wanna see flaming go visit pirate! it gets tiring answering the SAME... EXACT same questions over and over. i like helping people b/c i know when i need help i know where i can go. but good grief, it doesnt take ANY extra effort to hit up google "Ford manual hubs"

you'd be amazed how fast you can get your question answered, not to mention i think i answered everything he asked!

-cutts-
Old 02-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Senior User

knapikmichael is starting off with a positive reputation.
mile marker makes the hubs you dont save fuel but it does give u the point of knowing that u r locked in because u do it instead of the truck and if you get stuck you dont have to move to lock the thing that saves gas is change you gears on you axles
Old 02-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Freshman User

desratt is starting off with a positive reputation.
acording to the ford manual. locking at the hub instead of the differential saves .5mpg and that is on an 04 and newer truck
Old 02-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Senior User

After I put some STX tires on my truck I've thought about putting some manul hubs on. Would the stock hubs hold for light 4x4ing with 33"s? I don't mud race this thing like my Bronco. It seems like everyone here is swapping out the auto hubs on their trucks.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Freshman User

I broke 2 hubs and 3 actuators with my stock tires... I am extremely hard on my truck. funny thing is now that I have 37's . I have had no trouble with the hubs....
Old 02-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Senior User

Damn, what kinda wheeling do you do? Mud, rocks, sand?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Senior User

omg search!

Quote:
the gas you save going to manuals will be so minuscule you wopnt notice it

autos just plain suck and if you too lazy to get out and lock in some hubs you dont need 4x4. manuals are much stronger

warn, milemarker, superwinch, and a few others make manual hubs... gues yoiu'd know that if you searched!

Yep, your smart...I didn't look on Google. This websites for fellow Ford owners. If your tired of answering "the same questions" ....stop answering them =)
Old 02-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by f-150_38.5s
Yep, your smart...I didn't look on Google.
why thank you! i appreciate that! gosh your pretty dang new here, i am wondering how did you come up with that? did you happen to read all the auto/manual hub threads we have had here in the past and figured 'gee this guy must know something, he answers quite a bit'

here we go again! i give up on these ppl

-cutts-
Old 02-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Postmaster

KubotaOrange76 has a very good reputation on FTE.KubotaOrange76 has a very good reputation on FTE.KubotaOrange76 has a very good reputation on FTE.
hahaha

i dont even bother anymore
Old 02-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Freshman User

pre running
and how the heck do ya insert an image????
Old 02-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Senior User

F350JOHN is starting off with a positive reputation.
I highly recommend the Warn Premium lock-out hubs. I just put a set on my 1992 F-350 and I am very happy with the quality. Check Ebay, last I looked there was exactily what you needed going for $70-$120 instead of paying retail, which I think is like $200
Old 02-27-2006, 02:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Offroad & 4x4

Tags
1992, 250, 4x4, auto, f350, ford, hubs, manul, mpg, replace, truck