Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Ford truck 1 Chevy car 0

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford truck 1 Chevy car 0

I work about fourty miles from where I live. I drive my truck up to Zanesville which is about half way and catch a ride with a friend from there. Last Friday night I was returning to my truck at about 3:00 A.M. and noticed something didn't look right at my front end. It was dark and I was about 25 yards away, but you guys know that feeling when it's just not right. As I aproached Tessie, I could see that the brush guard was about a foot and a half away from the grill instead of the three inches at which I had set it at. I grew up in this neighborhood and everybody there knows me, that's why I parked it up there. Well, as I was standing there saying "WTFO", the woman from across the street came out. I've known her for a couple of years and we've talked occasionally. She informed me that her sister had came over earlier in the day to visit and attempted to pull in front of my truck. She had thought she cleared it, but as the blue paint on the corner of the bumper proves, no, no she didn't. Then she just kept pulling forward because she busted the top two bumper mounting bolts and bent the bottom two. I was told that there was a large open gash all the way down the side of her new little chevy car. She was decent enough to call the police and file a report. As I said to her sister,I'll make it easy for her because most people who come through that neighborhood would just move on and not say anything. So my damage total is $4.14. The cost of four new bumper bolts. I'll find out what her damage total is this week and hopefully get some pics of the car and I'll post them up on my gallery with pics of my trucks damage. I still can't believe it didn't atleast bend or dent the edge of my bumper. I guess they still knew how to build them back in '85.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:42 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to hear it was a very minor mishap, but you gotta love old iron vs tin metal and kudo's to the lady watching over your baby

Old 06-28-2006, 09:25 AM
KingSix
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same, glad to hear your truck's ok, Id like to see those pics when you get them up.

Last edited by KingSix; 06-28-2006 at 09:25 AM. Reason: corecting spelling error