Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Starbird Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starbird Show

Logan, Kara and I were thinking about going----are any of you?

STan

Old 02-15-2006, 08:16 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
The kids and I will be heading down Friday around noon.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:44 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
I'll pass this year. The entry fees are steep. Maybe next time when my boys are bigger. Have fun ya'll.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
It's looking like I'll end up making the final decision tomorrow after work---with how cold it is, I may be too worn to go after work.

Let us know the prices Tim!

STan

Old 02-17-2006, 11:46 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm thinking Steve and I will go tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon. This way we can see the monster trucks run at 5:00. Here's the prices for the show. Always good to see BIG FOOT win!!!!!

Event: Darryl Starbird's 42nd Annual Nat'l Rod & Custom Car Show & Monster Truck Races
Date: February 17 - February 19
Time: Fri: Noon-11:00pm; Sat: 10:00am-11:00pm; Sun: 10:00am-6:00pm
Where: Expo Center
Admission: Adults $20.00; Ages 13-16: $15.00; Ages 9-12: $10.00; Ages 8 & under free with an adult
Description: Monster Trucks race Friday 10:00pm; Saturday 5:00pm & 10:00pm; Sunday 5:00pm

Pro Arena Trucks: Friday 10:00pm; Saturday 5:00pm & 10:00pm; Sunday 5:00pm

Free Style Motocycles: Friday 9:00pm; Saturday 4:00pm & 9:00pm; Sunday 4:00pm

For further information or booth rental call 918-257-8073 or visit www.darrylstarbird.com

Next Month the international auto show comes into town. Here are the dates for that one.

Event: Tulsa International Auto Show
Date: March 16 - March 19
Time: TBA
Where: Exposition Center
Admission: TBA
Description: For further information or booth rental call 918-742-2626

Mike

Old 02-17-2006, 12:36 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Bring yer earplugs!!!!(Seriously, I didn't last year and those monster trucks drove within 4 feet of the fencing and grandstands.) The arena trucks were a lot of fun to watch. They had a good number of small rangers that reminded me of ol' Blue. Maybe Stan can put his truck in for a free spectator race. lol.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
I'm passing on it this year. I've gone each of the last 4 or 5 years and I'm always disappointed.

Old 02-17-2006, 02:42 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
It would be nice if they ran the monster trucks outside. However we like to watch the arena trucks. Sort of fun to see what people bring and break!!

Mike

Old 02-17-2006, 03:28 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Oh ya, if you have asthma or breathing issues bring a mask. They didn't have all the fans or ceiling vent open after the arena and monster trucks ran last year. That whole building filled up and had a haze like fog, but stinkier. (guess they were not sharp enough to open the vents or were too cheap to spend more money on lost heat thru the vents.)

Old 02-17-2006, 07:27 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
The show was pretty good! (Not worth the $20, but still good) Fortunately I had a pass to get in so it only cost me $10 for Josh's ticket.

Josh really liked looking around. After about 4 hours, we decided to call it a day.

Hey Jim, nice seeing you again! Keep in touch!

Mike and Stan, I hope you enjoy the show!

Later guys,

Tim

Old 02-17-2006, 08:45 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
I don't think admission is to bad IF you stay to see the trucks run. Steve and I get there in the early/mid afternoon. Stay until the trucks run at 5:00, that way we don't have to breath the fumes while walking around the show. If it weren't for the trucks running, I'd probably stay home and wait for the auto show in March.

Mike

Old 02-17-2006, 10:40 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
Im not going.
Im going to be wrenching on the truck. If i woul dhave got those windshield wipers..id be wheelin in the snow..but no....

Goose

Old 02-18-2006, 09:42 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Steve and I just got back from the show. I was disappointed that Big Foot wasn't there. This is the first time that he hasn't showed up since I can remember. One of the motorcycle stunt riders did a somersault and we thought that was pretty cool. Of course the arena truck are fun to watch. Nobody lost parts today though, although one almost rolled it.

We got into an arguement about hood scoops on the new mustangs. I like the Shaker scoops, while he liked the solid mounted ones. What does everyone else think?

Steve pointed it out to me, because I didn't reconize it. There was a certain '67 Shelby on display. Steve noticed it because it said Owasso. All in all we had a good time.

Mike

Old 02-19-2006, 12:54 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
My vote is for the shaker hoods! I REALLY want that black Mach1.

Glad to hear you saw the Shelby....I had to help polish on that thing so I hope it looked good!

Hope everybody that went had a good time and got home safe.

Talk to you later,

Tim

Old 02-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Oh yeah, I saw the '67---recognized it immediately along with the Camaro. I smiled and said told Kara and Logan----"yup, I rode in that beast right there. " You know, the sad thing is, I don't think many people really knew what they were looking at---alot of people see Shelby's, but very seldom an all original Shelby. Anyways, the polish job looked good Tim---wish we could have met you all out there. I was looking around for your friend (cannot think of his name) but I didn't see him around.

On another note, we were all watching the Tough Truck show when this happened. It certainly isn't something you see every weekend. The response time was horrible though---is it not required that an ERV is present for an event of this magnitude??? I mean, for goodness sakes there is an ambulance at every high school football game I've ever been to. I'm not saying that the guy would have lived, because frankly, contrary to what the news reports (as far as the guy dying at the hospital)---he was dead when he hit the ground. I never say him move after the impact. 20----yes, 20 minutes of hillbillies standing around the guy trying to decide who will put their beer down and do something, the first EMT showed up and they tried their best---then they began to park equipment between the crowd and the accident---which can only mean one thing. Anyways, I'll end my soap box----but Starbird----I hope you pay a pretty penny for being such a tight-wad and not having an ambulance contracted for the event. I'm done for now---

I'm really considering emailing KOTV----it might not make a difference, but I am a firm believer that it's neccessary for citizens to hold event managers responsible. What do you guys think?

BTW: Bear in mind, I don't blame any of this on the EMTs.... not at all.
STan

Last edited by Traxxis; 02-20-2006 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Starbird Show