Notices

Ranchhand Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 07:17 PM
cjsteak
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ranchhand Question

Hey guys, I just bought a used Ranchhand grillguard for my 95 F150. The problem is that i've never had a grill guard before and am not sure if I need an install kit for this or not.

The guard is made for a 92-96 so that's not really the problem... it's just that I see only four bolt holes holding this thing to the face of the bumper and was wondering if there was supposed to be a backing plate to reinforce it. I was just thinking that the grill guard has some weight to it and I don't want it to crack the bumper or mess it up otherwise.

I noticed that there are two steel straps that run from the bottom of the grill guard and look like they're supposed to run THROUGH my plastic spoiler on the bottom of my XL chrome bumper... but if I cut through the spoiler to keep those straps on the guard.... where the heck do I bolt them to (about 6 inches to the closest piece of metal and they don't line up with anything)? Am I missing brackets or can I just cut off the two straps so I don't have to cut the spoiler.

Will the four bolts be enough to hold it on? (Grade 8 hardware of course)

Thanks!

Old 02-23-2006, 09:34 PM
charles jones
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try www.ranchhand.com they should be able to answer your question. I have my 3rd ranch hand front end replacement. I have never had a grill guard so I cant answer your question. Hope this helps, Charles