1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Auto Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 02:58 PM
WhiteBeast97
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Auto Door Locks

Hey Guys, I was wondering how to activate the automatic doorlocks for my truck. I have a 97 F150 XLT. Also, I was trying how to find whether I have keyless entry or not, I didn't get any remotes with it. Do I need to look for a code somewhere or a module mabey? Any help or instructions would be great. Thanks!

Old 02-19-2006, 04:49 PM
R8rvectors
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the '97's are similar to the '99's, there is a module called the remote anti-theft personality (RAP) . To physically see it you would have to remove the left hand front door scuff plate then the side trim panel under the left side of the instrument panel. As to what it looks like, someone else will have to help you there.

Trying to enable Auto-locks should reveal the presence of the RAP module. Perform the these 5 steps within 30 seconds:

1. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN (not START).
2. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.
3. turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.
4. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.
5. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN. (The RAP module should chirp the horn to indicate the RAP module is ready to accept changes.)

Now you can turn on (or off) the autolock by doing the following:

6. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button one time to toggle the autolock feature ON (or OFF).
7. Press the power door lock LOCK button once to enter the command.
8. The horn should chirp followed by a longer honk indicating the autolock is enabled. (If only a chirp is heard, the autolock is disabled.)
9. Turn the ignition switch off. (The horn should chirp once more)

If you find you have the RAP module, the key fobs are even easier to program.