Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Iowa Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fellro86

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Posting Guru

jimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to behold
getting the truck fixed monday

i posted a while back about a wreck i was in [see, snow+idiots=wreck] after three weeks of dealing with the guilty partys insurance company i've learned that this moron has not paid his premiums for a while so hes an uninsured motorist.

ive turned it into my insurance company as an uninsured motorist claim. so they can hunt him down for money. oh get this, the retard lives not even a half a mile down the street from me. instead of going through the trouble of walking down the street and kicking his ***, and then spending some time in the slammer, ive decided to do it the legal way.

by the way my truck is a 96 F150 eddie bauer eddition, it was a cherry when i bought it in september of last year. the wreck left me with a mangled bumper a dent in the hood and various scratches on the fenders and a crack at the bottom of the grill. total for repairs is 2400 dollars.

im having the repairs done at lane auto body techs in davenport iowa, has anyone delt with these guys before? i took my uncle with me to various shops, hes retierd from the world of automotive paint so hes somewhat of a know it all about paint.

the truck goes in monday, and they've told me to expect it to take 4-5 days. so i get to look forward to crusin around in my grandpas mercury.
1996 F150. 306/4R70W. E303 cam, AFR205 heads, TrickFlow intake mani, CAI, 90mm TB, 30lb injectors, MSD 6A, JBA ceramic shorties, Bassani catless y-pipe, 3 inch single w/ Flowmaster super 44. B&M shift kit, Moates Quarterhorse tuned, etc etc...
1994 F150 4x4. 302/E4OD. "six litre tuneup" hedman long tubes, 2.5 inch duals w/ glasspacks. 3 inch lift, 33x12.50 BFG KM2's, 4.10 gears, front and rear Aussie lockers
1994 F150 4x4. 351/E4OD. Bone stock and staying that way...
Old 02-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Posting Guru

Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.
Take your retired paint-man Uncle with you when you go to inspect it. And make sure the color match is good in the sunlight too. Actually I'm suprised 2400$ is all - course it is a 10 yr old truck... ... man, where did the years go....

Keep us posted.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Posting Guru

390fe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jason Kendrick
Ditto what Sam_Fear said. There's an auto body shop where I live that will stop at nothing to scam a customer. Fixing a vehicle for the least amount of money possible is the name of their game and the work done is insulting to the intelligence of the customer.
'93 Mercury Topaz 2.3L
'99 Ford Windstar SEL (bad transmission - For sale)
Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 AM