Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Dodge Hemi vs 150

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 01:02 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dodge Hemi vs 150

Hey guys traveling around my town and several towns around Im seeing more dodge Hemis around more than I ever thought Id see. Seeing less new fords all the time which saddens me. Also seeing a lot more Dodge diesel pickups around. This cummins and hemi thing is working I dont believe it. I dint think people would fall for it but they are. Even with gas prices going to $2.00 + people want that hemi. People think the cummins is a god.Hey guys what do you think are you seeing the same things around your area. Just think what dodge would be without Cummins and a Hemi engine. They would be out of business.

Old 05-06-2004, 01:26 PM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see FAR more Power Strokes around here than Cummins, and the Duramax is a rarity.

Old 05-06-2004, 01:50 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

I notice a lot more powerstrokes than cummins, but I've been seening more of them cummins than I used to. I see a duracrap every once in a while. To bad chebby doesn't have a motor to run with the truck, since chevy's are pretty nice trucks. Maybe they should put cummins in the chevy, then they might have a truck to run with the powerstrokes.

Old 05-06-2004, 02:01 PM
DainBramage
Posting Guru
Well, for diesels, I see about an even mix of Powerstroke & cummaparts.. D-Max, hardly ever..

in the 1/4 tons however, I'm not seeing too many new f-150's on the road. Having driven both Dodge and Ford, I can (and hate to) say that I'd end up with the Dodge, the Ford did nothing for me.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:51 PM
c-law
New User
I just got a new Ram 2500 4x4 w/ a Hemi as a work truck. (I had no say in the purchase) I'll take the torque of this pushrod V8 over any of the ford mod motors. This thing is a stump puller!! Unfortunately it still rides like a Dodge, which means very tractor like...

This one has the new 5 speed auto trans. It feels alot better than the old failure prone 4 speed auto. Only time will tell if this one is going to spit out trannies like all of the other Rams I've been around

chris

Old 05-09-2004, 07:46 PM
92f150I6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see more cummis around here than powerjokes, but as to gas, I see my fair share of new f150's, but the way they sold the oldones, i have figures that i'd see more. At least in my area, dodge is gaining ground big time.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:13 AM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
People aren't falling for anything, the HEMI is a powerful engine and the Cummins diesel is one of the best diesel engines made. I see a lot more new Dodges and Chevs around my area than new Fords, but I do see a lot of Superduties going around. Different people have different tastes or needs in a truck and that would explain why they bought what they bought.

Old 05-10-2004, 10:16 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Yes people are falling for the hemi without knowing all the facts. The hemi has no low end torque thats critical for any engine. Top end is fine plentyof power there. Ford has always had low end torque in there motors. People think Hemi they say OOOh AWW. I say Oh No another Dodge joke. People buying these dodges probably had a ford at one time they will be back. Ford has the best truck. The cummins will win you over awhile but when the truck falls apart the fords look better all the time.

Old 05-10-2004, 10:25 AM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
Wow, if I could cut through all of the brand bias in your reply then I could probably find some factual information. Why don't you read what c-law said about the trucks torque. And the truck falling apart? Come on man, I know you can love Ford and whatnot, but at least be able to give credit where its due. BTW-Ford has their "jokes" too, with those commercials about the 5.4 having more low end torque- its 2ft/lbs more than the HEMI at 1000RPM, just so ya know.

Old 05-10-2004, 10:50 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Oh Bigbluebronco yeh Im a ford lover I guess I would qualify. Maybe the new dodges are built better than the older ones. I myself have seen just how bad some of these dodges are built from the engine the drivetrain transmission and front end. There workmanship is terrible. Hey I know you like dodge but give me a break. Im just statin facts here. Fords twice the truck. I was just thinkin of all the money I would have spent If I drove Dodge trucks. I probably be bankrupt with all there breakdowns.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:20 PM
AYoungblood
Elder User
Originally Posted by 150ford
Hey guys traveling around my town and several towns around Im seeing more dodge Hemis around more than I ever thought Id see. Seeing less new fords all the time which saddens me. Also seeing a lot more Dodge diesel pickups around. This cummins and hemi thing is working I dont believe it. I dint think people would fall for it but they are. Even with gas prices going to $2.00 + people want that hemi. People think the cummins is a god.Hey guys what do you think are you seeing the same things around your area. Just think what dodge would be without Cummins and a Hemi engine. They would be out of business.

.... it is

There are alot of 250's around here... most of them are the powerstrokes.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:20 PM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
I don't see how your stating facts? Those are all opinions from you. I like Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. All have their advantages and all have their disadvantages, but saying one is built horribly compared to another is not factual information. I would find it hard to believe that Chrysler is lacking with their trucks build quality as its their trucks that are keeping the company alive. They've also switched to Mercedes designed/built trannies and are no longer using Dana axles. My opinions are Ford makes a solid truck that is very creature comfort laden, Dodge makes a great powerful, less comfortable truck, and Chevy makes a good truck that is pretty much inbetween in all categories of comfort and power/utility.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:32 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Hey bigbluebronco. I am stating what I have seen around here. Hey I agree with your comments about other trucks you make a fair assesment there Maybe these new dodges will hold up better than the older ones. I hope so for the people buying them. Sorry for being ruud back there. The blueblooded ford guy talking.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:39 PM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
No its all good man. I'm just pretty nuetral when it comes to trucks and brands, although people mistake that for being against a certain brand. I just see everything as having an advantage over something else in certain aspects. What people say isn't always true, but more or less an opinion that can be based off of a bad experience or a good one which does not speak for every vehicle produced. No harm no foul.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:40 PM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
The Hemi is a high RPM engine and doesn't make peak torque down low loke a good truck engine should.

Quick Reply: Dodge Hemi vs 150