Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: KOESTNER

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Posting Guru

JohnT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Smile Older pickups as daily drivers

Does anybody else have an older pickup that they use as a daily driver? I'm currently driving a 68 F250- 360 V8, 4-spd, manual steering and brakes. It does have alot of rust on it, but I still like it. It's the only 68 around. I paid 600 for it, and it's been a good, dependable vehicle for me this winter.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
If I can butt in from Virginia... there are a lot of 67-72 trucks down here (near Martinsville) used on a daily basis some are more pretty than others but all being driven. Most of the Chevys are in shows, and not driven daily.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 02-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Elder User

frdrngrlvr is starting off with a positive reputation.
unfortunately up here the salt eats away our rides so if there are any on the road their either rust buckets or a trailer queen. i do have a friend that has a restored '66 f-100 for sale, he wants $5000 bucks. in case your interested.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Yeh, I know about the salt. There are a lot of salt mines around central NY. Sad thing is North Carolina has started to use a brine mixture on the roads with even a threat of snow or ice. Won't they be surprised in a few years....A couple of years ago my son and I went out to the other side of Indy to pick up a 66 F100. Left the house 4:30 Sat am got back 7:30 Sun am getting to old to do that again..
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 02-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Posting Guru

JohnT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Smile

38 winters worth of road salt has definetly done some damage to my 68 F250! Like I mentioned before, it has a pretty good amount of rust on it. Especially on the lower front fenders and lower doors. It still runs good, though, and the nice thing about it is that I can just get in it and go and I don't have to worry about it getting scratched or rusty because the body's already shot because of the rust. I have several other Ford pickups that I use during the summer months, but it's to the point that I'm almost afraid to drive them at all because I don't want them to get messed up.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Junior User

fairmontman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I used to drive a 78 f-150 ranger daily until somebody ran a red light and t-boned me 2 blocks from home and totaled it.Shifted cab,frame damage,bent steering linkage,and buckled the entire dash.Thankfully I walked away from the accident and actually drove this truck home it was not a pretty picture to see the truck.The driver that hit me was not hurt either thankfully,his full size car had to be towed from the scene.I now have another 78 f-150 that was beautiffully restored by the preavious owner that I drive when the weather permits in the spring,summer,and fall.A 93 bronco serves as the primary daily driver.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Elder User

frdrngrlvr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT
38 winters worth of road salt has definetly done some damage to my 68 F250! Like I mentioned before, it has a pretty good amount of rust on it. Especially on the lower front fenders and lower doors. It still runs good, though, and the nice thing about it is that I can just get in it and go and I don't have to worry about it getting scratched or rusty because the body's already shot because of the rust. I have several other Ford pickups that I use during the summer months, but it's to the point that I'm almost afraid to drive them at all because I don't want them to get messed up.
jc whitney out there in laslle carries aftermarket fenders and door skins for all kinds of trucks. maybe check them out and get rid of the rust.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:29 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter

Tags
driver, everyday, ford, pickup, sale