Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

2007 Toyota Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Exploder02
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darn Right... and smooth ride, too!

Old 02-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Schmids4.9l
Posting Guru
Put a big Dodge grille on the front, some of their 20" rims, paint it black, and I'd mistake it for a Ram 1500. Both have 5.7l's too!

Old 02-10-2006, 02:31 PM
boxcar1974
Postmaster
Very premature to say goodbye to the big three. I find it to look like a insect. The Tacoma looks like a bug. To me, I will stick with my super duty. That thing does nothing for me.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:05 PM
NickFordMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The hood looks the exact same as a Dodge!! This thing is uglier than before...

Old 02-11-2006, 12:19 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Sky
The media is biased against the American Big 3. Look at MT picking Hondas as car of the year and the Ridgeline as Truck of the Year. The car I can see but the Ridgeline no way. Even Consumers Reports has a bias against American. It makes me sick because we have cars and trucks that do as well.
The reason I believe this is, is because we are now a nation of consumers. we produce almost nothing any more compared to 30 years ago. I had dinner tonight with a friend of mine that has been in the banking business for years and this subject can up. Asia is so heavily invested in this county that if they pulled there money we most likely would collapse as a nation. We have given up our independents as a nation. We depend on other counties for most things we buy today. Does anyone believe that Ford could stay in business by just selling cars & trucks in ONLY the USA. Ford is, or was the biggest exporter of automobiles in the US, that kind of says it all. Fords are global that F150 you drive has many components manufactured in Asia, Mexico, other countries. My 86 F250 4x4 has metric nuts & bolts, components made in Mexico etc this is a 20 year old truck, this thing didn't just happen. If Toyota wants to dominate the truck business they will, if they ever introduce a 3/4 ton diesel truck as I have said a before FORD, DODGE, & GM will have a tough road ahead. Toyota knows if they hurt Ford, Dodge or GM too much it will cause an out cry in this county and people asleep are easier to dominate, than if they are making alot of noise, and since we depend on Asia for money and most goods WHY WAKE ANYONE. This subject has drawn alot of interest which I see as good, but always remember money talks, and sadly we nolong control the worlds money.

Old 02-11-2006, 07:34 PM
brosko80
Senior User
screw toyota

Old 02-12-2006, 12:30 AM
77F-150
Senior User
Both Nissian and Toyota will never make it in the central states, just look at that plastic front end, you can't even use an handyman jack on those. the only brands that people still use around here are Fords and Chevy's and some Dodge's. The only people that will probably be driving those Japanese trucks would be some city slickers and while the real working man would be still driving there old working ford & Chevy trucks.

Last edited by BigF350; 02-12-2006 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:53 AM
68 351 bronc
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now Bush want to start selling off our National Forests. That money will go to China.
Sad times.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:28 AM
mettech
Senior User
77F-150:

Not if Toyota has a product that has more HP, Torq and towing. And not until they start winning NASCAR.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Schmids4.9l
Posting Guru
Thats not entirely true. The Duramax and the Cummins out torque/hp the 6.0, but it still sells more than they do. And not just a little bit, the 06 Duramax blows the 6.0 out of the water, well stock anyways. 325hp & 570 tq. vs. 360hp & 650 tq.

Gas motors are the same. The Hemi & Chevy 6.0 gasser have more hp & tq than the 5.4, but the F150 still sells more than the competition.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:48 PM
beatupford
Senior User
Toyota will never heat out the f-150. Schmids, correct me if im wrong but the 5.4 prduces torque at a lower rpm than the chevy 6 l. Ive drivin the 5.7 hemi, and the 5.4, and i feel that the 5.4 rides more like a truck. And its a Ford.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:36 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Came across this little snippet:

From BusinessWeek:

Toyota Motor Corp. (TM ) has asked at least three major magazine companies to explore product integration -- that's product placement to you and me -- of its cars into magazine editorial pages. Say hello to another indicator of changing media mores

There's no sign that Hearst Magazines, Meredith (MDP ), and Advance Publications, the parent of Condé Nast Publications, are going along with what would be a major breach of the traditional wall between magazine editorial and advertising units. Still, it's a time, says Deborah Wahl Meyer, vice-president for marketing at Lexus, in which "ideas can cross between advertising and editorial. It doesn't always need to have the 'advertorial' note on top."

Perfect. Just perfect.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:50 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Do you guys have laws against that?
We had a few banks try that here a few years back, they got quite a large fine for thier troubles...

Old 02-13-2006, 02:59 AM
NickFordMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by polarbear

From BusinessWeek:

Toyota Motor Corp. (TM ) has asked at least three major magazine companies to explore product integration -- that's product placement to you and me -- of its cars into magazine editorial pages. Say hello to another indicator of changing media mores

There's no sign that Hearst Magazines, Meredith (MDP ), and Advance Publications, the parent of Condé Nast Publications, are going along with what would be a major breach of the traditional wall between magazine editorial and advertising units. Still, it's a time, says Deborah Wahl Meyer, vice-president for marketing at Lexus, in which "ideas can cross between advertising and editorial. It doesn't always need to have the 'advertorial' note on top."

Perfect. Just perfect.
This is complete bull. I hope it doesn't pan out.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Batgeek
More Turbo
Originally Posted by polarbear

From BusinessWeek:

Perfect. Just perfect.
I’m not surprised the Japanese and other import auto makers have always been better at playing the media than the domestics. They have quietly propagated the image that American cars are made by dirty careless over paid union workers who could care less about quality because their jobs would be protected regardless of their performance. The Japanese however are portrayed as white suited happy singing company song robots who agonize over every part of the car. If you want to blame somebody for this blame the liberal media outlets they sold out <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><st1:country-region w:st=[/img]America </st1:country-region>years ago.

Quick Reply: 2007 Toyota Tundra