Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 01:50 PM
F-Liner
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sad Day

This can be taken as a bad day for the Liner or an opportunity for it and me. The wife and I have come to an agreement that it's gotta be sold.

Due to a lack of financial discipline over the last 2 or 3 years (really, it's been the whole last 15 years, but the last 2-3 have been most effective in growing our debt), We've found ourselves in a position of needing to take aggressive action to get rid of debt. That means the pickup and camper gotta go. We're also starting Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class this weekend, so we can learn to do things correctly this time around. From what I've heard/read/listened to from and about Ramsey, he knows his stuff, doesn't beat around the bush and doesn't do gimmicks.

Selling the camper will be more of a relief, as I haven't used it for anything but a tax bill for the last couple years anyway. With Boy Scouts and being a Coleman employee, we generally don't have the opportunity to use it or feel like we should be using one of our tents to camp anyway.

The Liner on the other hand.... I used that truck as a work truck when I ranched with my Father-in-Law in the early 90's, and it has the stuff I like (300, T-18, big enough cab for the kids). However, it is acting mostly as a tax (and insurance) magnet right now as well.

So, I'll let you guys know, and put a link in the for sale area once I get it posted (probably tonight).

I will be Ford-less (at least for a while), but I still plan to participate in forum discussions, and as we make progress shedding debt, I may even have the time and cash to show up at a G2G or two.

oh yeah, the angry icon is on purpose. I'm not mad at anyone here, anyone in my family or the creditors. I'm angry with myself for acting like an idiot with my family's future, and I'm finally mad enough to do something about it.

Heard a good quote a couple weeks ago: "Until the pain of remaining the same becomes greater than the pain of changing, we won't". It finally has.

Old 02-08-2006, 09:31 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Congrats on having the courage to share and to take charge. Good luck and I know you'll come through ok. I know you'll miss the liner, but our cars and trucks are stuff not our families no matter how much we enjoy them.

Old 02-09-2006, 04:36 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Dave Ramsey's ... I listen to him on the radio a lot. Sorry about losing your truck.. but you are making the right move over all.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:08 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tough call to make but it's the right one. It takes a good man to ditch his truck for the well bieng of his familly. Hope all goes well, keep us informed

Duane

Old 02-20-2006, 01:33 PM
F-Liner
Senior User
Some good news. The Liner sold. My wife wondered (briefly) if we'd asked too little for it. Maybe, but it's gone, and the money's in the bank (ok, some of it, the alternator on my little car quit this weekend too, so now O'Reilly's has some of it).

Rollie, you may see it running around, as the guy that bought it is from your country, actually a little NW of you as he's off 77 (I think near Blue Rapids).

Somebody's coming to look at the camper tonight. WooHoo.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
Glad to hear that it went quickly, that is the first step towards getting things on the right track.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:14 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Blue Rapids is north of here. I'll keep an eye out for it. Glad you got it sold and good luck with the rest.