1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

dynamax mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 07:37 PM
frdrngrlvr
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dynamax mufflers?

i am really close to putting on an exhaust. i'm really leaning towards flowmaster but advanced auto parts has dynamax and auto-zone has edelbrock but their about all the same in price. anyone use these? jc whitney carries the flowmaster but is all the way in lasalle county which is a haul and the other are in the neiborhood.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:15 PM
marcusg
Senior User
Hey have you considered going with MAGNAFLOW that is what i chose to put on my 04 edge and i am very pleased with the result

Old 02-10-2006, 07:44 PM
frdrngrlvr
Elder User
Originally Posted by marcusg
Hey have you considered going with MAGNAFLOW that is what i chose to put on my 04 edge and i am very pleased with the result
i have and thanks. i'd really like to know what guys that have gone with the alternative to flowmasters think of their choice. do you like the sound?

Old 02-10-2006, 08:11 PM
marcusg
Senior User
Originally Posted by marcusg
The sound is very smooth and deep... at around 110 km it is a very nice sound, and at idle a nice sound as well

Old 02-10-2006, 08:13 PM
natebaker
Elder User
I also have a Magnaflow. I like the sound. But, I have heard any other 4banger ranger in town with exaust, so I wouldn't know what to compare it against.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:12 PM
frdrngrlvr
Elder User
i haven't got a 4banger its the 3.slow. it has a nice rumble to it now with stockers on it but need want to upgrade.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:26 PM
natebaker
Elder User
Well then I will tell you, the 3.0 sounds great with a flowmaster on it. I've heard one and was impressed by the rumble it had. Now it had more bark than bite, but it made you think,

Old 02-10-2006, 10:01 PM
frdrngrlvr
Elder User
thanks for that. i wonder if it would sound as good with dynamax, edelbrock,magnaflow, etc. i know it ain't gonna make it a rocket but at least it may sound cool, right? and maybe breathe a little better.

Old 02-11-2006, 07:53 AM
pintopower8
Senior User
Something people don't think about, is when you throw on a straight through design muffler you are loosing torque. So I would stay away from them. Has anybody noticed more power with a magnaflow?. I used to have a 2.5L and I noticed the flowmaster 40 gave it more ***** when under load, Can't decide what to do with my new 4.0L.

Old 02-13-2006, 09:22 PM
frdrngrlvr
Elder User
it looks like flowmaster will be the way to go for me. everyone seems to like them and i haven't heard anything bad about them and the price is about the same for all the brands.

Old 02-13-2006, 09:43 PM
marcusg
Senior User
OK i have an 04 edge with a 3.0 under the hood when i originally installed the magnaflow i actually did notice an increase!!!!!! i couldnt spin the tires but then i could. (wasnt because the pavement was wet either) lol anyways magnaflow does give a nice sound to the 3.0 and with a cold air intake upgrade the sound gets even better.....

Old 02-13-2006, 10:15 PM
RagunCajun
Senior User
My cousin had magnaflow i think it was and it wasnt loud enough so he went with the flowmasters on his f-250 with the 5.4L i think it was.

I went with the Flowmasters because i liked the sound of a truck i seen. It had the same engine as mine so i figured it would get the same thing. I'm not sure what kind i have. here's a couple videos if yall care to see how it sounds when reving up.

a little drive by from the side <--1.4MB
from inside the bed of the truck <-- 2.6MB

I really regret not making notes of if there was a performance increase or not before and after i got the muffler work done. I was too excited about the sound and the fact i finaly got it done after over a year of waiting. And marcusg is right, cold air intake makes a nice difference!

Old 02-14-2006, 05:44 AM
rangeris4me
Freshman User
Rajun Cajun your truck sounds mean dude, I'm now thinking of putting a new Flowmaster on my 4.0 1990 model..

Old 02-14-2006, 05:53 AM
jrfateranger
Senior User
Flowmaster on 91 3.0. Have been accused of having a V-8 several times.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:53 AM
RagunCajun
Senior User
Thanx Rageris4me, but the 3.0's dont sound like that with just the flowmasters on them. I think the sound i have has a lot to do with the fact that i hallowed out the rear cat. I also think the new intake made a difference but i dont know. I just remember my exaust not sounding as loud or throaty when i got it done. But with all things like that, it's all opinion. I'm very glad to see guys here who use other brands.

Is there a way to check which series of flowmasters i have w/o asking the person who done it? I dont think it's written on the muffler itself but i could be wrong. Sorry if it's a dumb questoin, but im just curious.

Last edited by RagunCajun; 02-14-2006 at 07:57 AM.