Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Murphys law

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:23 AM
70blue
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Murphys law

You ever had a day where nothing seems to go right. I think it has been my whole week. I got alot of tasks I gotta complete and everytime I fix one thing another comes along. I refloored the master bathroom it all went well till I went to reinstall the toilet. Got toilet in hooked the line up turned on the supply valve and the darn thing was busted. Good old sweat on fitting too.

I am trying to run a new supply line in the house cause I am gonna redo all the freshwater plumbing and part of the sewer plumbing in the house. So I am digging under footing approx. 15 inches thick. I have dug from the outside and inside of the brickwork for the crawlspace. The dirt is too hard to get completely thru. So I decide to bring ot my pressure washer to blast thru the dirt. It has been sitting for awhile so naturally had to disassemble carburater. Got carb back together the thing started trying to fire off but would not stay running. Figured I would put seafoam in gas to cleanse the carb. Rope breaks as I am trying to crank it. Fix rope get it running half way decent now I cant find the attachment for my wand.

If I am not as active for the next couple weeks do not worry about me I am ok. I am just gonna gonna put most of my time resources into finding murphy and choking the living daylights out of him so I can make some progress.. I will defeat murphy I can promise that. I will still try to check the join requests daily and participate in the forum some too. Please dont think I am abandoning you guys.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:31 PM
70blue
Postmaster
An update I found the pressure wand but the battle with murphy was not over. The cap on my inlet filter was dryrotted to the point it broke. It is an internet order item only. I could not wait for that so I drove down to the hardware store to try to make do with pvc fittings to no avail. I take hose connection loose from inlet housing and attach it directly to pump.(not a big deal just could not hookup my pump bypass so it ran on the ground) I start pressure washer up pressure hose quick connect is spraying everywhere and of course all over me. Still getting good pressure so I go ahead and go to work. Got ready to check under crawlspace but wife does not remember where she put flashlight last night. I am too wet to plug my droplight up so I crawl in dark crawlspace not knowing if their were any deadly snakes around. Guess what I found. Light was shining through the hole I had been digging. Murphy has lost today and the only injury I recieved was a very mild exhaust burn.

Last edited by 70blue; 07-19-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:09 PM
4xcrazy
Senior User
when you find murphy, kick him once twice for me too. glad to hear no major injuries

Old 07-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Blurry94
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
I would've tapped the beer fridge a long time ago...LOL

Old 07-21-2006, 10:37 AM
70blue
Postmaster
Its tempting.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Gunner15a
Elder User
Thought these might be helpful. I myself LIVE by these, and have them committed to memory:

1) Nothing is as easy as it looks.

2)Everything takes longer than you think.

3)Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

4)If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.If there could be a worse time for something to go wrong, it will happen then.

5)If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.

6)If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which a procedure can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop.

7)Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.

8)If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

9)Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

10)Mother nature is a bitch.

11)It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

12)Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.

13)Every solution breeds new problems.

Notice there are THIRTEEN of these laws. My general rule of thumb is that if I have 3 OR MORE of these laws, IN action, AT the same time, it's time for a cold beer or 12..............

Learn them, know them, live them. They will save your sanity.

Gunner15a

Old 07-24-2006, 05:49 AM
3broncocrazy
Postmaster
Sorry to hear about the troubles 70b......Hey Gunner, i like that list and esp the rule of 3 OR MORE

Old 07-24-2006, 08:04 AM
70blue
Postmaster
Its all good would be boring without a little trouble. Ofcourse the rain halting my efforts is a little boring too. I honestly could use the rest though. Wish me luck gonna go work on getting my E-150 running well enough to drive it on the trailor to get it home in a few days. It has been sitting a few years but I think its a worthwhile project. Got a 460 and cost me 200 bucks. Engine was not locked last I checked. Should be able to rebuild carb, throw in a battery, throw on some rear tires and flush the tank and be good to go.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:08 AM
70blue
Postmaster
Gunner I like the way you think.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:57 AM
3broncocrazy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 70blue
Its all good would be boring without a little trouble. Ofcourse the rain halting my efforts is a little boring too. I honestly could use the rest though. Wish me luck gonna go work on getting my E-150 running well enough to drive it on the trailor to get it home in a few days. It has been sitting a few years but I think its a worthwhile project. Got a 460 and cost me 200 bucks. Engine was not locked last I checked. Should be able to rebuild carb, throw in a battery, throw on some rear tires and flush the tank and be good to go.
460......WOW - Oh yeah, well worth it!!