Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Neal 97 250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Senior User

rboeding is starting off with a positive reputation.
King pins

I just wanted everyone th know something I found out today. If you are in teh Memphis area, there is a company at Summer and I-240 called Zellners. They specalize in suspensions. They will install new Kind Pins and alline a old ford truck for $320. Took me a while to find them and I wanted to pass it along.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:21 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Sounds like a good deal. I always heard King Pins were a mean and tuff job to do.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:06 AM
Senior User

Mustangsean is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep, Joe Zellner has been doing good work in the Memphis area for many years. He's probably the best deal for CV-type axles as well.

Sean
Old 02-03-2006, 08:16 AM
Elder User

s8whiskey is starting off with a positive reputation.
Joe Zellner is a good guy. I met him once. Like hes like an old mechanic. Hard to get his respect but he will never treat you wrong.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant future
I use Zellners for all my front end work. They do great work.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
This is good to know indeed then - THANK YOU!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Senior User

Might be worth driving from Covington to take advantage of. The guy I talked to at Zellners seemed real excited and proud of the fact that they could do the job right. If someone is going to work on my truck I want them to be extreemly proud of the job they do especally if it is the King Pins.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

It sounds like they are the right people. Tell us how it comes out, couldja pleeze?

I have an idea that it will be cool, just from what has been said.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Junior User

dlbelton is starting off with a positive reputation.
Zellner is a great guy to work with, and he does really good work... not to mention that he's got a fantastic looking daughter!
Old 08-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Senior User

I know it has been a while but I just got Zellner's to change my king pins yesterday. 3 of the bearing surfaces had failed as well as the roller bearings on both sides. The job took them most of the day. I noticed some things about the job they did. While they had the spindles off they completely cleaned them and put a coat of black paint on them. They did a real good job and the truck drives much better. The total cost was $420 for labor, parts and an alignment. Not bad since I really feel that the job was done right and I don't have to worry about it for another 30 years.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

I'm about to get a set of I-Beams for my mudder (not my MOM!) and it sounds like I oughta run them by that place from the git-go.

Better to do it on the front end, then do it later up in the truck...
Old 08-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Postmaster

maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
facebook.com/TheCrip Maples01
Cost near $1000 here years ago on dads F-100, bushings had welded themselves to the arms, was so bad the wheel wouldn't return while making a turn. I knew there were issues when I couldn't get it to take grease, even after replacing the zerks, keep them greased guys.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:09 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter