Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Honda did an oops!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:56 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda did an oops!

I've mentioned before that I don't understand the new Civic. Check out these sales numbers:

Jan sales 24,778 down 8% from December
Dec sales 26,959 down 12% from launch.
Nov sales 23,959 down
Oct sales 23,911
Sept sales 30,165
Aug sales 34,762
Jul sales 28,008

The surprise was the Ridgeline. Honda only found 3814 buyers in January, vs 6589 in December, down 42%. That was after they put big incentives on the thing.

Old 02-02-2006, 12:57 AM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 519 Likes on 398 Posts
wow! honda screws up for once. the ridgeline should be discontinued.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:16 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ford390gashog
honda screws up for once.
Can you say, Insight????

Old 02-02-2006, 06:23 AM
NickFordMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Civic sales are surprising to me actually. I have always considered the Civics ugly...but the newest models are atrocious. People have always bought them though. This is even more surprising knowing the fact that they offer hybrid Civics as well.
The Ridgeline...I expected it. I hate all the hype it generates with the mags.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:54 AM
AlfredB1979
Posting Guru
I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not about the new Civics. I have yet to even find what they look like (yeah, work is killer these days...), but loads of kids ask about 'em on the auto forums on Myspace.

No offense to our younger FTE crowd, but I wonder about some kid's tastes these days...

As for the hybrid Civic, similar mileage for more purchase and maintenance cost. If it was a diesel Civic hybrid, I'd be excited.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:22 AM
klatt_89
Elder User
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979
I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not about the new Civics. I have yet to even find what they look like (yeah, work is killer these days...), but loads of kids ask about 'em on the auto forums on Myspace.

No offense to our younger FTE crowd, but I wonder about some kid's tastes these days...

As for the hybrid Civic, similar mileage for more purchase and maintenance cost. If it was a diesel Civic hybrid, I'd be excited.

I'd hate to say, i may be the "younger" crowd....but don't include all of us.......I HATE THE NEW STYLES, why else wuuld i be droppin all my money into a 57, now that has style, it's these new imports taht are trying to take control of the American producers. I wonder what has happened to the design aspects anymore. Oh yeah, you can go ahead and make fun of me but i'll take my 57 over any new vehicle, it just has more style etc....

= what i hear when people in school start talking about new vehicles, only they don't like what i say back.....

Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 AM
john112deere
Posting Guru
I'm actually surprised by both. Anything with that H on the grille is thought to be gold by many Americans.
The Civic, especially, has a reputation so good I can't imagine how ugly it would have to be for it's looks to put a dent in sales.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:10 PM
73Fastbackv10
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not surprised. Living off of the 405 in Orange county, I see tons of Corollas and Camrys running around and relatively few Civics. They even used to have that ugly thing on display at Disneyland and gave away 1 a day back in October

Old 02-02-2006, 02:58 PM
ARMORER
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by klatt_89

I'd hate to say, i may be the "younger" crowd....but don't include all of us.......I HATE THE NEW STYLES, why else wuuld i be droppin all my money into a 57, now that has style, it's these new imports taht are trying to take control of the American producers. I wonder what has happened to the design aspects anymore. Oh yeah, you can go ahead and make fun of me but i'll take my 57 over any new vehicle, it just has more style etc....

= what i hear when people in school start talking about new vehicles, only they don't like what i say back.....
I like the convenience of the new stuff. Fuel injection, good heaters, quiet ride, reliability. They don't build them like they used to, and thank GOD they don't!! But you are 100% correct. New vehicles lack style in a major way. The old stuff is WAY cool,and congrats on your '57 and I'm sure you turn more heads with it than anyone ever could with their '06, right? I too have some classic Ford Iron. Check out my gallery to see some pics of my Galaxie 500.....

Old 02-02-2006, 03:06 PM
klatt_89
Elder User
Originally Posted by ARMORER
I like the convenience of the new stuff. Fuel injection, good heaters, quiet ride, reliability. They don't build them like they used to, and thank GOD they don't!! But you are 100% correct. New vehicles lack style in a major way. The old stuff is WAY cool,and congrats on your '57 and I'm sure you turn more heads with it than anyone ever could with their '06, right? I too have some classic Ford Iron. Check out my gallery to see some pics of my Galaxie 500.....
Thanks, it is a good thing they don't cause well, my trucks kinda a tank...lol...I do turn a lot of peoples head, not sure if it was cause of the noise that came from the exhaust or lack of exhaust but it sure did attract attention while parked and while at the car show. It's currently unrestored but i have plans for it. I'll check out your gallery, i like the old vehicles personally, but they have their drawbacks just like everything else.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:11 PM
klatt_89
Elder User
You do have a very very nice Galaxy. Wish to someday have my 57 F-250 up to show quality but me being 16 kinda limits income, time, etc.....

Old 02-02-2006, 10:00 PM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
As much as I like seeing the Ridgeline flounder, I can't help but wonder if the deals that Ford, GM, and DCX were offering on it's trucks had alot to do with it.

I.E. much better incentives to buy one of the big three trucks than the Ridgeline.

PB, do you see any truth to this?

Old 02-02-2006, 10:13 PM
okst1
Elder User
Originally Posted by superrangerman2002
As much as I like seeing the Ridgeline flounder, I can't help but wonder if the deals that Ford, GM, and DCX were offering on it's trucks had alot to do with it.

I.E. much better incentives to buy one of the big three trucks than the Ridgeline.

PB, do you see any truth to this?
Why would incentives on inferior American products effect a potential Ridgeline owner from buying? Honda-owners realize that there is no other vehicle that puts out the quality that Honda does and they are willing to pay whatever they need to in order to have that quality. (Sarcastically stated)

Old 02-02-2006, 10:24 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
okst1 [SARCASM FONT]Why would incentives on inferior American products effect a potential Ridgeline owner from buying? Honda-owners realize that there is no other vehicle that puts out the quality that Honda does and they are willing to pay whatever they need to in order to have that quality.[/SARCASM]

There...fixed.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
Honda also has some quality control problems....if you want an eyebrow raiser, open the hood and look at the engine mounts......casted.

Quick Reply: Honda did an oops!