Nebraska Chapter Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 10:41 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nebraska Chapter Get Together

Hey everybody,

Been doing some research on getting our chapter set up. It looks like we will need to have an off-line meeting. I know it's probably not feasable to get all of us together at once.

Anyone have any suggestions? There are a few of us around the Omaha area that could meet for a quick chat and coffee or something like that. Any of you guys in other areas ever make it to Omaha? I get out to the Grand Island and Kearney areas pretty regularly to visit the wife's family.

As far as dates/times for a meeting, weekends work best for me.

Y'all let me know what you think!

Rob

Old 02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might be able to make a quick Omaha meeting if it is on the weekend and I have nothing else going.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
FordTrucksKickGM
Posting Guru
I visit Omaha about once a month for family stuff usually on Sundays. I could work something out on the weekend if the timing is right. Maybe put on a meeting for whoever can attend then email the meeting minutes/notes to anyone else who is interested.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:40 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Let me know when you're in the GI area. We can possibly meet if I'm not busy with anything.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:15 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys once again congrats on the new chapter. Here is a copy of a post I made for the Arkansas chapter that might help you all out.

Guys speaking from previous experience, It is best to start at least a month out when planning a meeting. That gives everyone enough time to try to make arrangements to join up. Have you discussed where? What about members with kids, have you thought of somewhere that is kid friendly or family oriented? This helps with the little lady. IF you can get your family into going and happy to me there it doesn't cause problems on the home front. Think about it, a few of us are on FTE a lot and now you want to meet up with these people. That kinda upsets them a little.

Speak with Rollie. The Kansas chapter does a lot of things and a lot of it is family oriented. When I was out there for the rally last year, there was a lot of family for the Kansas chapter attending and they all had fun. It was like a big family and it seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves. It things like that make this fun.

ANy other questions I might be able to help with feel free to ask. Just look for me in the Kentucky chapter.

Old 02-02-2006, 04:01 PM
FordTrucksKickGM
Posting Guru
I was going to suggest meeting at Shakers in Waverly but if we have to be family oriented then thats out of the question. lol

Old 02-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Thomasm67
Postmaster
I live in the extreme southeast corner Falls City but belong to the Kansas chapter but we have two meetings a month one in the NE corner and one in Wichita so every can attend at least one or the other.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:39 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomasm67
I live in the extreme southeast corner Falls City but belong to the Kansas chapter but we have two meetings a month one in the NE corner and one in Wichita so every can attend at least one or the other.
If we can get our initial offline meeting accomplished, maybe this would work. maybe have one meeting in Omaha or Lincoln, and have another in Kearney, depends on how many member we have out west. Do we have any more ideas on getting the intial meeting to vote arranged?

Old 02-03-2006, 03:08 PM
1979 Ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I would sugest Omaha or Lincoln.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:56 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
If we can get our initial offline meeting accomplished, maybe this would work. maybe have one meeting in Omaha or Lincoln, and have another in Kearney, depends on how many member we have out west. Do we have any more ideas on getting the intial meeting to vote arranged?
I'll second that. I could probably make it to one in Kearney or Hastings, and definitly one in Grand Island.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Thomasm67
Postmaster
If you can't have an initional meeting i think you can Elect your prex online but try to agree on a central place on a weekend that everybody could make it and after that the two meetings a month the KS Chapter would meet once on the 1st Sat of each month then down in Wichita the Second Sat it is not a requirement that you make everyone the NE east meet was for the people that live in NE KS and the Wichita meet was for the people down there that could not make the first one.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:05 AM
grease monkey
Elder User
Shakers huh. Sounds like an interesting meeting place.

I live in Omaha so meeting here would not be a problem with me or even Lincoln would be ok. When there is a time a date set im there.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:58 PM
MXcowboy244
Junior User
I can meet anywhere really... Omaha or Lincoln would work best though. I'll just need to know about a week or so in advance so I can take off work if needed.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Thomasm67
Postmaster
If work doesn't have me working the day you have your G2G i'll be there to help you out on meeting and any other questions that might come up.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:32 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Here is a thought... there is a swap meet in Lincoln on Sunday, March 12th at the fairgounds. (The Kansas chapter clued me in to this one, thanks guys!)

Maybe would could do a little get-togther and then those that want can take in the swap meet.

You can find info on the swap meet at http://www.hemmings.com under the events catagory.

Let me know what you all think....

Rob

Last edited by cowboywanabe; 02-13-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Nebraska Chapter Get Together