Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2006, 10:41 AM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
Nebraska Chapter Get Together

Hey everybody,

Been doing some research on getting our chapter set up. It looks like we will need to have an off-line meeting. I know it's probably not feasable to get all of us together at once.

Anyone have any suggestions? There are a few of us around the Omaha area that could meet for a quick chat and coffee or something like that. Any of you guys in other areas ever make it to Omaha? I get out to the Grand Island and Kearney areas pretty regularly to visit the wife's family.

As far as dates/times for a meeting, weekends work best for me.

Y'all let me know what you think!

Rob

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Posting Guru

CBSuperduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
I might be able to make a quick Omaha meeting if it is on the weekend and I have nothing else going.

2008 Dodge 3500, QCSB, 4X4, 6.7 CTD, Hand Shaker, No Mods Yet.......
1979 F250 2wd Pull Truck, 468CID

SOLD
2004 F350, RC, 4X4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, Various Mods.......
2002 F250, CC, 4X4, V10,
Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Posting Guru

FordTrucksKickGM is starting off with a positive reputation.
I visit Omaha about once a month for family stuff usually on Sundays. I could work something out on the weekend if the timing is right. Maybe put on a meeting for whoever can attend then email the meeting minutes/notes to anyone else who is interested.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Posting Guru

jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Let me know when you're in the GI area. We can possibly meet if I'm not busy with anything.

69 F-250 "Mild" 390/C6 3.54 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
74 F-250 4x4 390/C6 4.10 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
05 F-250 FX4 Off Road 6.0/Auto
Old 02-02-2006, 05:15 AM
Posting Guru

rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.
Ryan M Weghorn
Hey guys once again congrats on the new chapter. Here is a copy of a post I made for the Arkansas chapter that might help you all out.

Guys speaking from previous experience, It is best to start at least a month out when planning a meeting. That gives everyone enough time to try to make arrangements to join up. Have you discussed where? What about members with kids, have you thought of somewhere that is kid friendly or family oriented? This helps with the little lady. IF you can get your family into going and happy to me there it doesn't cause problems on the home front. Think about it, a few of us are on FTE a lot and now you want to meet up with these people. That kinda upsets them a little.

Speak with Rollie. The Kansas chapter does a lot of things and a lot of it is family oriented. When I was out there for the rally last year, there was a lot of family for the Kansas chapter attending and they all had fun. It was like a big family and it seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves. It things like that make this fun.

ANy other questions I might be able to help with feel free to ask. Just look for me in the Kentucky chapter.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Posting Guru

FordTrucksKickGM is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was going to suggest meeting at Shakers in Waverly but if we have to be family oriented then thats out of the question. lol
Old 02-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Postmaster

Thomasm67 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I live in the extreme southeast corner Falls City but belong to the Kansas chapter but we have two meetings a month one in the NE corner and one in Wichita so every can attend at least one or the other.

Resident HillBilly
Old 02-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasm67
I live in the extreme southeast corner Falls City but belong to the Kansas chapter but we have two meetings a month one in the NE corner and one in Wichita so every can attend at least one or the other.
If we can get our initial offline meeting accomplished, maybe this would work. maybe have one meeting in Omaha or Lincoln, and have another in Kearney, depends on how many member we have out west. Do we have any more ideas on getting the intial meeting to vote arranged?
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 02-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Posting Guru

1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.1979 Ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
I would sugest Omaha or Lincoln.
1997 Expedition, 4x4, 5.4 230,000 miles
Several others who have come and gone.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Posting Guru

jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
If we can get our initial offline meeting accomplished, maybe this would work. maybe have one meeting in Omaha or Lincoln, and have another in Kearney, depends on how many member we have out west. Do we have any more ideas on getting the intial meeting to vote arranged?
I'll second that. I could probably make it to one in Kearney or Hastings, and definitly one in Grand Island.

69 F-250 "Mild" 390/C6 3.54 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
74 F-250 4x4 390/C6 4.10 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
05 F-250 FX4 Off Road 6.0/Auto
Old 02-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Postmaster

If you can't have an initional meeting i think you can Elect your prex online but try to agree on a central place on a weekend that everybody could make it and after that the two meetings a month the KS Chapter would meet once on the 1st Sat of each month then down in Wichita the Second Sat it is not a requirement that you make everyone the NE east meet was for the people that live in NE KS and the Wichita meet was for the people down there that could not make the first one.

Resident HillBilly
Old 02-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Elder User

grease monkey is starting off with a positive reputation.
Shakers huh. Sounds like an interesting meeting place.

I live in Omaha so meeting here would not be a problem with me or even Lincoln would be ok. When there is a time a date set im there.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Junior User

MXcowboy244 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can meet anywhere really... Omaha or Lincoln would work best though. I'll just need to know about a week or so in advance so I can take off work if needed.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Postmaster

If work doesn't have me working the day you have your G2G i'll be there to help you out on meeting and any other questions that might come up.

Resident HillBilly
Old 02-13-2006, 01:32 PM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
Here is a thought... there is a swap meet in Lincoln on Sunday, March 12th at the fairgounds. (The Kansas chapter clued me in to this one, thanks guys!)

Maybe would could do a little get-togther and then those that want can take in the swap meet.

You can find info on the swap meet at http://www.hemmings.com under the events catagory.

Let me know what you all think....

Rob

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.

Last edited by cowboywanabe; 02-13-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter