You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
Some fun things to do for a State type meet/event!
Like so many things I do (or have done) this isn't guite finished but I have to get it out or it will never be done
Another State meet! Or better yet, a State event! Something. . . doesn't have to be huge, but that will be fun and entertaining Ken is cancelling the national rally due to low advance participation so he and the crew will be attending a few chapter events, and the rest will be receiving T-shirts, stickers and what not to be passed out. Its a little incentive to try and stir up activity in the chapters. As I'm sure you all know, I'm probably not 100% qualified to decide on what might be fun or exciting. . .I've watched paint dry before to pass the time. . .so I'm opening up the floor to any and all ideas
Another shing dig out in a State Park. A BIG one, bring some games, R/C cars, bikes, 4 wheelin', etc.
I'm also going to try and call the Norfolk Ford Plant for tour info if they still do that.
I was thinking going to some kind of event, or show, then come back after o say half a day? Grill up some good eats and if there is time squeeze in a small Show & Shine? Can that be done in a day? Would anyone be willing to put up for a night? Also, what are yall thoughts on a multi state G2G? Get members from neighboring states and have a giant party? Or something like the above? Of course this would be a MUCH bigger task to try and set up, with a commitment required becuase there probably be some over nighting necessary
Anyways. . .me=paint drying, so all ideas are encouraged
Originally Posted by WebMaster
FTE is not going to have a 2006 National Rally.
We did not meet our goal for the minimum number of pre-registrations. Larry will be sending all the payments back first thing next week.
Peggy, the crew and I have had a lot of difficult discussions about this the past 2-3 weeks. We think its best for everyone if the Kansas Chapter takes it show completely back into its own hands. Its been a success that way for them, and its the local groups that help make FTE a success. We will give our support to the local groups the following ways...
1. Bail out of the national rally while it still leaves the Kansas Chapter time to put on their regional show.
2. We absolutely would love to see the Kansas Chapter put on a great regional Kansas show and will attend it. We'll even bring goodies for the members, but we can't cover the costs of a show as we did with a National FTE show.
3. We're going to ask for the other chapters to submit to FTE their plans for a local event. It can be big, or small, doesn't matter. It just has to have firm commitment from the members, with a date/time so we can make plans to attend. We're going to attend at least 4 chapter events this year, and Kansas is a firm commitment if they have their show. NW Chapter is a close second (if you can organize something, we'll be there).
4. We will support the local events we attend with trophies if they have enough trucks for judging, t-shirts, bumper stickers, hat pins and other goodies.
5. Chapter events that put on events we are unable to attend will get some t-shirts and bumper stickers to give away.
6. We will give our support to chapter events, whether we attend or not, by promoting their events.
We'd like to see each chapter submit a proposal to us for their local event. The event can be as big or little as you like. The goal is to have a well organized event with firm attendance commitments this spring and summer. We'll pick 4 we can attend and the others we'll send goodies to.
I am trying to come out of my comatose winter state. I noticed the link for monsters on the beach in for 2005. I really liked the meet at skyline, which was the last meet I went to. I defenitely like some action-packed events, but sitting back and BSing was great in my opinion. If we have it around here I can put up three or four people at my place.
We'll have to drag you out to the next local meet. I need to figure out something for that if no one else does.
Originally Posted by 65'
I defenitely like some action-packed events, but sitting back and BSing was great in my opinion
Ha! Not exactly a definitive anwser. . .but a good point. I don't see why we can't "do it all" before it gets too cold, seeing as how all the dates are fairly spread out. But we do need to try and nail down one thing to officially call the next State Meet/Event Thing.
I saw the link was for 2005, but I couldn't find a current one. They have done it every year I could remember, so for this year I don't see why it wouldn't be up. I have added calling them to find out for sure to my ever growing "to do list"
Don't forget Bodacious in Cartersville, VA! They have the dates for 2006 set (races in April, May and September). I hear that is a great, great time over there. That would be easier for me to get to that all the way at the beach. http://www.geocities.com/od4wdc/
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.