Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Some fun things to do for a State type meet/event!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:37 AM
oldRedTruck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
Sweet!! Monsters on the Beach, 05/12-14/06
yawn / stretch I need coffee ...damn winter

OK, ya- I'm guilty, thanks for the PM

The beach would be fine, I'm moving there in April..
But, turnout from the rest of the state would stink..

Somewhere like Richmond should double the attendees I'd think ??
..just thinking out loud?
If we do do the Beach thing (I said do do LOL) I can put someone up.

...hey, I'm a paid FTE member & never got a Tshirt

Old 02-16-2006, 02:12 PM
devilsword
Senior User
i just don't know now adays but i th ink devils word fit better for this application then the other one that i would use for some mmorpg

Old 02-16-2006, 07:18 PM
yomow
Elder User
Yep, I went to the Richmond meet & met me no one showed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct. 2,2005

Don Cross
I hope the Chapter get's hooked up !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
Got the message, thanks !
Hopefully will have my 77 finished soon. I have added all the pics of the project to one photogallery. MEGA dial up warning.

For anyone interested, we sprayed the bedliner on the floor of the cab this week. I tinted it with the same color paint as I am using on the exterior. Came out slick with the metalflake showing up in the bedliner. We are finishing up some bodywork now. Gonna put new bedsides on the bed this weekend probably. I also found out what a pain it is to adapt a 2wd non highboy bed to a highboy. I kinda cheated, and I am going to use some 2x4 Box tubing to make some new mounting blocks instead of using lift kit blocks to get the height correct. Besides the holes being different for the bolts, the braces on the bottom side of the bed are different heights. And, you need the anti crush sleeves that are in the brace if you plan on moving the bolt holes. Started hooking up the heater hose line to the block, and the water tube that is in the 400 block snapped off due to corrosion. Tim Meyer of Tim Meyer Inc saved me a bunch of time by telling me it was a press fit, so I just bought a couple of drill bits and drilled it out.

http://www.ryanrocketracing.com/G_Wagon/index.htm

Old 02-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Yeah Yomow. . .I still feel kinda bad about that

Ok, lots of different ideas, and a few "I don't care but I'll be there's". . .Alright so I'll end up picking some place or event that we can crash and have maybe a tailgate party afterwards. . .

Plan B, and this could be a real fun kicker if we can get everyone to go for it. . .this goes back to my first post about a multi-state block party. I was originally thinking we could get the NorthCarolina boys to meet us down along the state line or southern middle half of the state and have just a big shin-dig. Idealy I was thinking the campgrounds at Kerr resivoir (Lake Gaston). they have camping, facilities, a couple events areas and picnicing what have yous'. . .

Anyways, I wanted to run this buy you guys first to get your thoughts before any big plans were to be made for a big party. Theres a potential for alot of people to show up and have fun. . .if its not a good idea then I'll just pick something (unless there is an agreement between a majority) to crash and cook out.

Thats it for now. . .need to finish thinking this through

Rocket. . .your truck is lookign sweet

Old 02-18-2006, 05:02 PM
bob hare
Senior User
Steve,
Hey, I'm still alive and working out of town til April 1st. I don't get around too much, so I really don't have any input as to a location.

Rocket,
I dig the blue color! Keep the pics coming. Also, where did you spray those panels at? was it a local body shop?

Bob

Old 02-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
Bob,

Yes @ a local shop. I manage a body shop so I have access to the kingdom !

Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Bob my man! Good to see you around! At the rate we're moving on this, I think you'll be fine to be gone till April, though you may miss soem local meets

Any other thoughts on this? Or about the NCC/VAC g2g? Guess it wouldn't hurt to get a feel for what the NC leader thinks

Old 02-20-2006, 09:15 PM
bob hare
Senior User
Hey Steve,

I like the idea of a multi-state gtg. I think when the weather breaks, we may get more people inclined to get together. I hear Va Beach got some snow today!! I'm glad I'm in SC.

Bob

Old 02-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Yeah, it was about 1/4" on the grass and vehicles. Melted before noon. . .and you know what? Still 50+ wrecks on I64

Old 02-21-2006, 07:18 PM
65vamonster
Senior User
Hey what is happening to all? I am surely glad I did not have to drive to work in that snow. I can drive, but I can't say the same about a lot of others around HR. I defenitely see me getting out to some of the mud bogs at VMP, the cruise at the ocean front, monsters on the beach. Makes me want some warm weather soon! When it warms up for more than a couple of days at a time, we could get together some weekend for a BBQ at my house.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
I must correct my last post, according to the news, its was over 100 wrecks due to the snow So sad. . .that people can't drive. . .

Waiting for warm weather here as well. . .my poor truck is just sitting there due to me being a wuss about the cold and wet I'll be looking forward to that BBQ

OK. . .I got a responce from the NCC Leader. Basically he thinks it is a good idea and that it will go over well with the NCC, they will be discussing it during there meet in March.

I want to shoot for our meeting to happen in Mid-late April, like our last State meet. I'm going to try and call some of the events happening around that time, and some parks out west to see what they offer and $prices$ and make an anouncement sometime next week about a date and place. I have a feeling most of you guys don't really mind what or where, as long as we do it and have fun. And I'm not going to drag this out. . .

I'm also going to organize a list of everything mentioned in this thread thats event oriented and have it stickied so everyone has an idea of whats going on in the state and might want to get some locals together to have a good time *cough cough, hint hint, stomp stomp*

How many of you guys think you'll be able to make a semi-central State meet if you have a month+ to plan for it?

Thats it for now, I'm definately going to keep everyone posted on whats going on!

BTW, if anyone happens to find some spare time lying around, I'm taking donations

Old 02-22-2006, 08:37 PM
to many oft
Senior User
I will try to be there!
let me see if we can get some of the central guys together(quit jabbin my ribs lol)

Old 02-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Hey now, wait a minute. . .that was directed at everyone

Old 02-23-2006, 06:35 PM
to many oft
Senior User
yah i know!
you just said some thing about it when i was at your house.LOL