Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Introductions

Old 05-18-2006, 08:46 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jeff, glad you found us, Welcome! That is a beautiful 76 highboy!

Old 05-22-2006, 05:22 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff glad you found us. I responded to a thread you had on your truck. I see your from Wahoo. That is definitly a hot bed for truck pulling. I try to attend every year an its quite a pull. Outstanding trucks an drivers as well as a top notch pull. Hope to be back again this year.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:49 AM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
I can't say enough about the knowledge on this site! It's also alot of fun to talk to people that are in the area does this group ever have a meet and greet? Your right the Wahoo area definetely has a bunch of people into truck and tractor pulling and the saunders co fair does a nice job putting it all together. The Truck and Tractor pulls actually bring in more people than the rodeo does. Maybe we will see you around.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:07 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Silver - We are tentatively planning an informal meeting on Saturday morning, June 10 in Omaha. Come on in to the big city and join us!

Old 05-22-2006, 01:39 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello all,

Some may know me. I am into truck pulling and currently building a pull truck and hoping to make a few NPPA pulls. I will post pics of the build as I get them.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:25 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Welcome!

Let us know when you guys are pulling, maybe some of us can get out and cheer for you.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Welcome fordtruckpuller, looking forward to seeing the pics!

Old 05-22-2006, 05:45 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
WelcomeFord truck puller to the Nebraska forum. Thats great two truck pullers on our forum. I love pullin especially in trucks an tractors. I usually try to make the Wahoo pull for sure an maybe Scribner. Are any off you members off any puling club or do you just pull in the open classes. I have been following The Nebraska power pullers the last couple off years. Man there is some tough competition there. Some off the the wickedest Ford trucks youllever see pull. Couple off 77-79 trucks that are just plain unbeatable off course there pretty souped up as well. And off course the Wahoo pull those guys pull to win as well an they have the right technique as well an some really nice trucks. From what Ive seen people really look forward to that truck pull at the fair. An those truck pullers are some off the nicest people aound. If I go to those pulls I hope to meet you guys an say Hi. I can look your truck over an you can tell me all about it. Sorry for the long post. I cant wait for the season to start.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:36 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
150ford... Yes I am hoping to pull with the NPPA this year if I get my truck done. I will make as many pulls as I can but doubt I make them all. I am assuming you are talking about the 4x4 guys as i don't thing there are any 2wd's in that range of model years (except mine). I was just up at Joe's (Black Magic) place last week getting a 2 ton rear-end and some 31X15.50X15 bar tires and yes he seams to be a nice guy. We will try to make the Wahoo or Scribner pull this year. We are busting butt to get the truck ready for the tech day and test-n-tune in Scribner on June 3.

Oh and here is the schedule for Pat.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:37 PM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
It will definetely be a challenge to get my truck together also I have been wanting to do this since the end of last season but of course I waited till now to start the build. Oh well the build is half the fun and if I don't get it done there is always stock class with the silver one.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:16 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
I can sense that the pullers are going to face some serious competition against you guys. They better watch out. Good Luck to both of you guys I know you are both going to do well. If I ever build a pull truck or no somebody that is Ill keep you guys in mind. As a side note those 2 WDs are fun to watch. They pulldarn good as well.

Last edited by 150ford; 05-23-2006 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:37 AM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
Fordtruckpuller did you make it up to TI in Scribner?

Old 06-04-2006, 08:46 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
I was there but only to watch and pickup a set of wheel centers. I didn't see your silver truck so I am guessing you didn't get done either. Still busting to see if we can get it together to get TI'ed by the 17th. It will be tough but we are gonna try. What class are you running?

Old 06-05-2006, 12:42 AM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
The way it is going I will just pull the modified class at the fairs this year I'm having some issues getting the truck together ... mostly a time issue started to late!! I was going to go up and watch but ended up working on the truck instead a couple of my good friends were up there Smokin 7(Blue 2001 Dodge Diesel), Power Trip, and Tinker Toy they all said it was a pretty good time. Oh well hopefully I will get a couple of pulls in this year with the new one.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:23 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Yep. I saw all of there first pulls. Then we left for a while to go pickup a van (to hall to junk) when those antiques were doing hotlaps to get around and pull again and then came back later but missed most of their pulls.I though Tinker Toy had bar tires but Sat. it looked like he was running street treads. What's up with that? Your story sounds all to familiar. We were supposed to start this truck 6+ months ago but we waited until about 1 month ago. Now we are struggling to get everything done. Stuff is starting to come together though. Motor and trans went in last night. The upright headers should be here today or tomorrow. Got my wheel centers in Schribner this weekend and will drive to Lincoln either one afternoon this week or Sat. Morning. We aren't planning to go to all the pulls this year as we don't know what the trans will do and our motor is not up to the other guys standards. We are just trying to get the truck put together and make a couple passes. Next year we are planning to get a motor that will do a little better. Well it is looking like the truck will be John Deere Green so if you see us stop by and say hello.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Introductions