Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Neal 97 250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
1936 Cord is going by-by today.

$5,000.oo, as is.

It came right down to get five grand, or watch it turn into ZERO over time.

It's going to a rod and custom man who can do it up, and has the cash for it.

The offer came this morning, and I was going to say no. But then I thought about what it would take to save it...

Bottom line is if I tried to keep it it might not ever go anywhere. I also need to clear the decks just in case!

This also puts some capital back in the till - and hopefully I can use it wisely.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Posting Guru

rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.
Ryan M Weghorn
Greywolf I know it was hard for you to sell the "CORD" maybe this was one more chance/way for your dad to help out one more time. AT least maybe now you can get the bike going.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
It is done.

In the end the question became: "Who's project was it?"

The answer was - "It ain't mine."

I'm 5K to the good in invisible money and the car will now be taken care of by people who can make it happen.

If you give a set of snap on wrenches to someone with no way to use them, what happens?

Similar, but different. Other options had to be taken care of.

Also the survival of a national treasure - the CAR, not me.

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-30-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Senior User

Mustangsean is starting off with a positive reputation.
As much as it pains me ( and you probably) to see such an incredible car go, at least it will be taken care of and hopefully restored to its deserved glory. That is such a beautiful car...

Sean
Old 01-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Yeah - now tell me why I am drinking tonight and listening to ZZ TOP...

(Word I cannot use here) it hurts!!!

Yeah I know it has it's best chance of rolling again, but it ain't going to be mine.

The logic is there, but so is the pain.

I'm giving up what I have to so I can rise again.

By the way - we hauled off that nasty old Zephyr today and I had the enjoyment of watching it tuned into scrap!

"CHA-CHING!!!!"

Fifty more bucks in my pocket....

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-30-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter