Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2006, 12:40 AM
New User

so9956 is starting off with a positive reputation.
exhaust question

hey guys, i just bought an '04 lightning and have been reading through this forum and a couple people have talked about adding bassani exhaust system to their lightning. i am not too familiar with this brand but am looking for an aggressive, deep, throaty sound for my exhaust. im looking for ya'lls opinion on bassani exhaust or any recommendations you have for a good exhaust that will add horsepower. i read that flowmasters may not be the best choice for a lightning.......thanks
Old 01-30-2006, 05:32 AM
Senior User

sigma is starting off with a positive reputation.
You will not see any HP gains from adding a cat back exhaust system, but as far as the V-8 engine sound goes you can not beat the Bassani. They have a great rumble at idle and a healthy roar when you get into the throttle.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Senior User

yysenhimer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I second that. Cat back won't add anything except sound. If you want sound and performance then go with full length headers like Kooks, high flow cats and a cat back like a magnaflow or bassani.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:05 PM
New User

Thanks guys, i plan on getting full length headers and making the exhaust true dual, just wanted some feedback, thanks for the input.....bassani makes headers also, would it be worth it to get bassani headers or is kooks a better choice

Last edited by so9956; 01-30-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Senior User

IMO Kooks is the best, but I don't know anybody who has Bassani full length headers on a Lightning.

I personally wouldn't like the true dual look.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:11 AM
New User

cant you get true dual and still have the exhaust come out the side?
Old 01-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Senior User

The Kooks system IS a dual system.

Click the image to open in full size.

You don't see the headers in the pic, but they are purty.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:11 PM
New User

i had a friend come over last night with an '04 mustang with true dual magna-packs, i have never heard of them but they are supposedly magnaflows rendition of glass-packs, anyway, it sounded unbelievable! he also had no cats on it which i have read sacrifices power, so now i'm at a fork in the road. i have never heard a bassani exhaust in person. i am just going for sheer sound, any guys got opinions on which sounds better?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Senior User

I prefer the magnaflow sound. With the full length headers and high flow cats, it was nice and deep and didn't drone. When you get on it though, it screamed. The Bassani was too loud for my taste and had a different sound.

If you do a google search, I am sure you can find sound clips of each. I know on other boards they had been posted a few times. Also, some venders have them on their websites.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:03 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150