Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Junior User

corpuspits is starting off with a positive reputation.
me to fuse blew ..bad spot to be broke down ..$300 tow ...weird thing is it hasnt blown it again and hate to go out of town in it.226,000mls on her
Old 10-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Elder User

T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.
20 min & some electrical tape to fix :-roll

Solved!

Found the short. When my dog was a puppy - he chewed the shifter handle while I was out of the truck looking for a trailer. (I was proud of him for resisting the paper bag of french fries sitting on the dash....) - fast forward to a few years later, and the shift handle finally came apart at the seams. It worked, it's just ugly - but allowed enough movement to chaff the small wires inside the shift handle. A dab of liquid electrical tape on the wire itself, and about 3 ft of electrical tape wrapped around the handle have it working until a $65 replacement handle arrives in the mail.

Edit: This also fixed my unusual problems with throttle response under hard cornering and hard acceleration.

Super easy fix now that I know where to look.

If your dog didn't chew the handle like mine - open it up and check the wires in the column where you'll most likely find the short. If you get in a bind - you can just unplug the connector inside the column for the over-drive button, pop a new fuse in and drive the truck as long as you want... just without the convenience of the overdrive button.

Here is an excellent write up from Ken on another forum. This write up had me in and out with a completed repair in under 20 min.

https://docs.google.com/a/doublermfg...M2Q5YjdmODQ4NQ

F250 2WD Crew w/ ISSpro guages, 6637 intake, MBRP 4" exhaust, Riffraff High Pressure Crossover, Garrett Power Max BB turbo, Stage 2 Single Shot Injectors and DP tuner. Thanks to Clay at Riffraff. Update: 6.0 oil cooler, John Woods transmission, etc...
Old 10-16-2013, 12:30 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
73, code, engine, f250, ford, issue, p0221, pedal, position, power, replace, service, stroke, throttle, truckp0221